    Boomer Guest

    Thanks Anthony.

    BTW. Fix your clock/date. You're posting from the future.

    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Boomer

    °Mike° Guest

    <Snipped stupid X-posting>

    Where is your proof of this?

    From what I read, Tony Hellenius was saying this was due
    to his web host.

    °Mike°, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Boomer

    Patrick Guest

    Suggest that you check out the old address, see if you can download EC free
    !

    Also, on his/the new site, he gives out the advise that his address needs to
    be changed within EC-options.

    Patrick, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    Oh shit, sorry ;-)
    -The truth is I have had to reformat lots of times owing to a troublesome
    new mainboard.
    -I guess I started to skip bits of the setup process....
    I will fix my clock right now.

    anthonyberet, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    I don't have any proof of it, like I made clear in my appropriately x-posted
    message :p
    Read it again. The scammer has taken over Toni's *old* domain
    registration....

    anthonyberet, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Boomer

    °Mike° Guest

    I only read your assertion. Toni's host (Danima) gave him free web
    hosting, up until now. Quote from Toni:

    "The new system is where the money goes to Danima which is no
    way else related to me than 2 or 3 years ago it offered me free .com.
    And have hosted it [1] for free until now."

    [1] toniarts.com

    I'm not sure how this makes them "squatters", or "scammers".

    whois -h whois.opensrs.net www.toniarts.com

    Registrant:
    DANIMA Technologies Inc.
    57 Athabaska Ave.
    Willowdale, ON M2M 2T8
    CA

    Domain name: TONIARTS.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Hostmaster, DANIMA
    57 Athabaska Ave.
    Willowdale, ON M2M 2T8
    CA
    416 223 6800 Fax: 416 223 9199

    Technical Contact:
    Hostmaster, DANIMA
    57 Athabaska Ave.
    Willowdale, ON M2M 2T8
    CA
    416 223 6800 Fax: 416 223 9199

    °Mike°, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    Where did I assert that Toni was saying this was due to his web host?
    Where are you reading that? -It wouldn't be at www.toniarts.com would it?

    At his new site (the one allowing free downloads), he says:
    "www.toniarts.com is no longer my web site, my web site now and in the
    future will be this (http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts)."

    Then he says:
    "All my of my [sic] programs are FREEWARE. Anyone can use them without any
    payment whatsoever. Licence of my programs will stay in this state forever
    (?)."

    The question mark of course underlines my initial comment that I might be
    wrong.. (read on, there is new news..)

    I would say check out the forums at the 'scam' site, and see how many
    postings are complaints about lost money....but funnily enough the forums
    have been taken down since my first post in this thread.

    As I write this post, I have looked at the forums on his new site.
    There is this post from Danima:

    "Our apologies to all who feel they were mislead - that was not our
    intention. We offered Toni free hosting for his progams & web site in return
    for a little exposure. The popularity skyrocketed over the last several
    months, which is good, however, bandwidth costs hit us very hard (more than
    you can imagine) in the pocketbook. We are a small organization and the
    bandwidth costs hurt us deeply. We had 2 choices - one was to shut the site
    completely down and take the loss. The other was to create the membership
    area so that we could recover some costs and work with Toni to turn a
    negative into a positive. Toni agreed to try it this way for a few months
    and see what kind of response we got. The response has been somewhat
    positive and we thank all those who understand and have supported us.

    Unfortunately, Toni has received a lot of negative reaction from many of you
    and we want to stress that he is not pulling any stunts (nor are we) - this
    is the only way we can support the multitudes of downloads. We are working
    on ways to add value to membership and will consider any positive
    suggestions. We tried to make the pricing as reasonable as possible and if
    we can come up with other revenue streams to support a free site, or a much
    cheaper membership fee, then we will do so.

    Toni, I have tried to contact you by email, however, it keeps bouncing back
    due to the large amounts of correspondence you receive - please contact me
    or send an alternative address so that we can work out a way to make
    everybody happy."

    There is a reply to that post purporting to be from Toni (the forum requires
    no login so it could be spoofed):

    "I've contacted you a week ago and yesterday I sent the same mail again.
    In the mail I thanked you for your excellent services for these past years
    and begged you to stop this and shutdown toniarts.com immediately and
    completely."

    Ah...risk your credit-card details and $14.95 (or $19.95) next time you want
    Easycleaner, rather than downloading it for free if you like...
    What do I care?

    anthonyberet, Feb 3, 2004
  8. Boomer

    °Mike° Guest

    I never said you asserted that Toni was saying that. Your assertion
    was, and is, that Danima are squatters and scammers. I see no proof
    of this.
    That would be rather stupid of me, if that's where I was reading it, now
    wouldn't it?
    http://pub8.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?usernum=657202432&msgid=219051

    <snip>

    All of this is irrelevent to your statement that Toniarts as been
    squatted by scammers. I still see no proof of this.
    I already knew where to download it, officially, for free.

    °Mike°, Feb 3, 2004
  9. Boomer

    Sano Guest

    - "anthonyberet" <> - spluttered in

    Nice misdated troll reply, butt spaz.

    Sano, Feb 3, 2004
  10. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    WARNING! Toniarts Easycleaner appears to have been squatted by scammers.

    Toniarts, who supply Easycleaner, the excellent registry-cleaner and utility
    app, for free, seem
    to have been squatted by scammers who want to steal $14.95 for membership.
    The scammer site is here:
    http://www.toniarts.com/index.php

    It is a near-mirror of the real site which is here:

    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/index.htm

    The real site is still offering free downloads.

    The forum of the scammer site seems to suggest that people are joining but
    are not able to download.
    Google is listing the scam site as the number-one pick, and just confuse
    things, the real site seems to have been moved recently.
    -This is probably why google is placing the scam site higher.
    I may be wrong, but it can't hurt to put a warning out.
    I am including a couple of p2p groups in the x-post as Easycleaner's
    duplicate file search is of great use to p2p users.

    anthonyberet, Feb 3, 2004
  11. Boomer

    Richard Guest

    What you call the scammer site IS the home site and operated by toni
    himself.
    Apparently, he decided to go with a very cheap hosting company.
    10megs for 25 bucks a year?
    Only 3 e-mail accounts?
    For less than that, I get 1 gig of space, 30gigs of bandwidth, unlimited
    domains, unlimited subdomains, unlimited e-mail and practically unlimited
    everything else.
    Plus a damn good support team.

    I'll gladly host his stuff for free because his stuff has been damn good and
    most of it is freeware.

    Richard, Feb 3, 2004
  12. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    It seems to be that Toni has moved his site away from www.toniarts.com, but
    that his former providers have reposted his site and software against his
    will, and are charging for his software. I must qualify this in that the
    info has come from a posting on Toni's new site, purporting to be from Toni,
    but which could be spoofed.
    Anyway, all toniarts products are available for free from
    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/index.htm but this isn't google's
    number one pick.

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004
  13. Boomer

    -=ô;ö=- Guest

    [Snipped]

    | It seems to be that Toni has moved his site away from www.toniarts.com, but
    | that his former providers have reposted his site and software against his
    | will, and are charging for his software. I must qualify this in that the
    | info has come from a posting on Toni's new site, purporting to be from Toni,
    | but which could be spoofed.
    | Anyway, all toniarts products are available for free from
    | http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/index.htm but this isn't google's
    | number one pick.

    I just visted there..seems they are not charging for the programs, but to gain access to
    them(still a scam though) as like operating a toll-gate..gezzzzzzzzzz...I wonder if he
    owns the domain name and could tell them to remove it or sue em.....

    -=ô;ö=-, Feb 4, 2004
  14. Boomer

    Patrick Guest

    A bit much, they ('Danima') are stealing the guys name as well as his
    reputation !

    Patrick, Feb 4, 2004
  15. Boomer

    Patrick Guest

    It's like church saying that 'Jesus is free', but you've to pay to get in
    our building !

    Patrick, Feb 4, 2004
  16. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    he did own the domain but it appears to have been hijacked.
    AFAIK, he has asked them to remove it.
    (you have to read the forums at the new site to find this stuff out).

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004
  17. Boomer

    -=ô;ö=- Guest

    | he did own the domain but it appears to have been hijacked.
    | AFAIK, he has asked them to remove it.
    | (you have to read the forums at the new site to find this stuff out).

    Then I should think he should report the domain hijacking to the appropriate authorities
    within the internet community to get all DNS pointers to redirect to his new, real site
    and that would shut Damania's faked site down entirely and effectively, just as AOL did to
    all ICQ titled domains...if the big guys can get it on a trademark infringement, seems
    only fair that the little guy should be offered the same protections from identity theft..

    -=ô;ö=-, Feb 4, 2004
  18. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    Quite -but I don't think Toni has had to deal with this before.
    Danima were his webspace providers before, and they apparently hosted him
    for free, so I imagine its a bit complicated.
    Hopefully he will come to an agreement he is happy with. (which would seem
    to preclude charging).

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004
  19. Boomer

    anthonyberet Guest

    Sorry in advance -I am feeling pedantic :)
    You said "From what I read, Tony Hellenius was saying this was due to his
    web host"
    You also said "I only read your assertion."

    This means you said I asserted that Toni said it was due to his web host.

    I didn't. (although he did).
    Why would it be stupid if the old site is not dubious in some way?

    Of course, in the same paragraph you quoted, Toni also said:
    "My programs have and WILL always be free, you DON'T have to pay me (or
    anyone else) nothing. I've never cheated people for money now or never. I
    live in tight budjet nowadays being a student and such but this was never
    intended."
    Nor will you. -But then I never made that statement.
    You seem to have trouble grasping simple English qualifiers like "appears to
    have been", and "maybe".
    Yeah, thanks to me.... ;-p

    anthonyberet, Feb 4, 2004
  20. Boomer

    °Mike° Guest

    So, what's new?
    That would be "rEd", not "red". I still read your assertion as being
    the rantings of a scaremonger.
    What planet are you from?
    Nice twist. I repeat, your assertion was, and is, that Danima are
    squatters and scammers. You are scaremongering, nothing more.

    It would be stupid of me to quote Toni from, what you are
    asserting is a squatted host. Please wake up.
    So what? That doesn't make Danima squatters or scammers.
    Oh, no, you just prefaced your subject, nice and boldly: WARNING!
    On the other hand, you just seem to have trouble grasping English.
    Maybe that's because you twist the words to suit your own purpose.

    You wish... *not* thanks to you. Are you always this arrogant?
    No need to reply; I already know the answer.

    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2004