WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by listitem45y@consumerprotection.org, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:11:13 -0700 (MST),
    (Maverick) Gave us:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

    >>DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive
    >> isotope, which is instantly fatal, if contacted in it's
    >> raw form. All DVDs currently on the market emit
    >> radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will
    >> cause cancer, and other health issues, and
    >> possibly even death.

    >Is this for real? Why hasn't this been announced in the news? This is
    >very disturbing, if true.

    Leave it to a WebTV twit to have less than no clue.

    DarkMatter, Jan 24, 2004

  2. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:26:39 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >Just because your mother has stopped sucking you off every night there's no
    >need to be rude to us.

    Hey retard boy! Yeah YOU! You know less about my mother than you
    do about Usenet, and that value sits at NIL, dipshit!

    Post your address, and I'll come teach your lame wussy boy ass.

    DarkMatter, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Dunf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION
    >
    > DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    > fatal, if contacted in it's raw form. All DVDs currently on the
    > market emit radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will cause
    > cancer, and other health issues, and possibly even death.
    >
    > Proper DVD handling and use is extremely important, and must be
    > followed exactly as stated in this article. Under no circumstances
    > should you ever touch or contact a DVD with the naked skin. Never
    > allow a DVD to play inside an unventilated area, which means they MUST
    > never be played indoors. Always play DVDs outdoors, and run a wire
    > indoors to your tv. Never look into a DVD under sunlight. Never
    > allow a DVD to contact food or cooking utinsels. Never allow a DVD to
    > come in contact with any clothing, fabrics, furniture, or other
    > objects that you will contact with your skin. DVDs must be stored
    > outdoors, and away from children and pets. ALways label your DVD
    > container, with the words "CAUTION DVD DISKS". When you purchase a
    > DVD (not recommended), do not put it into the interior of you vehicle,
    > place it in the trunk ONLY. Do not smoke anywhere near a DVD, and
    > never allow a pregnant woman within 1000 feet of any DVDs.
    >
    > However, the worst toxins are emitted while "burning" a DVD. Never
    > burn a DVD indoors, do so only outdoors, and only with a fan blowing
    > the vapors downwind from yourself. Never burn a DVD when the
    > temperature is above 50 degrees, and never in sunlight under any
    > circumstances.
    >
    > It can take as little as one quarter hour to cause severe and
    > permanent bodily damage to yourself, or another, if you allow yourself
    > or others to be exposed to a DVD disk used improperly. Intentional
    > exposure to another person can result in legal consequences.
    >
    > Anyone disposing of a DVD *MUST* wrap it in an approved, air tight
    > container, as listed in the federal bulletin #602c282.304 section 88F.
    > After placing the DVD into the approved container, they *MUST* be
    > disposed in accordance to the federal law as stated in the article
    > above. Violations are subject to fine, and/or imprisonment.
    >
    > If you feel you have been improperly exposed to a DVD, within the past
    > year, contact your local poison control center immediately, for
    > information and further assistance.
    >
    > Currently several insurance corporations are working toward banning
    > DVDs entirely. Some in the industry are recommending replacing your
    > DVD collections with Video Cassettes, and properly disposing of all
    > DVDs.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Consumer Protection

    Never believe articles like this one unless you are truly daffy. Never watch
    fullscreen dvd's is what this should say.
    Never buy dvd collections of TV shows you know you always hated.
    Never buy dvd's that feature Polly Shore.
    Always watch a film like Pearl Harbour (michael bay version) and say to
    yourself that this is only a "demo disc to showcase my high-end surround
    system".
    Never tell people you use DVD X Copy, cause when it comes time for gift
    giving they just don't have to know burned the disc.
    Never assume the gift reciever won't notice the "altered" packaging that
    their "new" copy of XMEN.

    Dunf, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Bill Guest

    I prefer top posting as well. I'd rather see the response first, then read
    the ten million lines of quoted text underneath if necessary.

    Bill, Jan 25, 2004
  5. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:49:11 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >There's nothing wrong with top posting.

    You're a goddamned Usenet retard if that is what you think.

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  6. tom Guest

    Yeah it gets quite annoying to have to scroll down all the time.

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  7. tom Guest

    LOL you think your opinion matters! hahahahahahaha

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  8. John Savard Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:58:50 -0600,
    wrote, in part:

    >DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive isotope, which is instantly
    >fatal, if contacted in it's raw form.

    Is this radioactive isotope related to dihydrogen monoxide by any
    chance?

    John Savard

    John Savard, Jan 25, 2004
  9. I LOVE YOU DARKMATTER....BOO YAH 1 LINE! TWAAAT

    Anonymous Joe, Jan 25, 2004
  10. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:17:10 GMT, "Bill" <> Gave us:

    >I prefer top posting as well. I'd rather see the response first, then read
    >the ten million lines of quoted text underneath if necessary.

    You're a goddamned, ass backwards idiot.

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  11. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:24:37 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >LOL you think your opinion matters! hahahahahahaha

    My opinions influence more people in daily life than yours ever
    could.

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  12. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:08:14 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <>
    Gave us:

    >I LOVE YOU DARKMATTER....BOO YAH 1 LINE!

    Said the retarded, all caps dipshit.

    > TWAAAT

    Your sig is supposed to be below your post, You twiiit!

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  13. tom Guest

    hahahahaha yeah right!!!!! Is that like when you got your mum to shave her
    moustache because it was scratching your balls?

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  14. tom Guest

    There you go talking about arse's again!! Doesn't the taste of shit get on
    your nerves when you're reaming your boyfriends out with your tongue?

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  15. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:34:36 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >There you go talking about arse's again!! Doesn't the taste of shit get on
    >your nerves when you're reaming your boyfriends out with your tongue?

    Leave it to a total adolescent retard to prove his immaturity with
    little wussy boy posts. Stop projecting your stupidity onto others,
    dipshit.

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  16. tom Guest

    Your prescription run out?

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  17. Brian Guest

    (Maverick) wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>WARNING - HANDLE DVDs WITH CAUTION

    >>DVDs are manufactured using a radioactive
    >> isotope, which is instantly fatal, if contacted in it's
    >> raw form. All DVDs currently on the market emit
    >> radiation and toxic chemicals that can and will
    >> cause cancer, and other health issues, and
    >> possibly even death.

    >Is this for real? Why hasn't this been announced in the news? This is
    >very disturbing, if true.

    Will considering that you are not dead....what does that tell you
    about what is true or not true.

    Regards Brian

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004
  18. DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:08:23 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >I'm not gay OK!!! So I'm not interested in being shown a thing or two by
    >you. How about posting your real address instead?

    I was going to show you a knuckle sandwich or maybe even a fast
    moving hunk of lead for the head, but I knew that you were too
    wussified to give it up, BOY!

    DarkMatter, Jan 25, 2004
  19. tom Guest

    hrmmm death threats! That's not a good thing.

    tom, Jan 25, 2004
  20. DarkMatter Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:08:53 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:

    >hrmmm death threats! That's not a good thing.
    >

    >"DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:08:23 +1100, "tom" <> Gave us:
    >>
    >> >I'm not gay OK!!! So I'm not interested in being shown a thing or two by
    >> >you. How about posting your real address instead?
    >> >

    >> I was going to show you a knuckle sandwich or maybe even a fast
    >> moving hunk of lead for the head, but I knew that you were too
    >> wussified to give it up, BOY!

    Now the top posting retard can't even tell what is or is not a
    threat, much less, a death threat.

    You're a goddamned idiot. That doesn't appear as though it will
    change any time soon.

    The best place for you is a dirt nap in a bed of lye powder. You
    and any other twit that thinks protocols are things to be ignored.

    DarkMatter, Jan 26, 2004