    I reinstalled 1.0.4 back over the top of it and got away with it. Seems
    like every time Firefox updates, it screws up Roboform and they have to
    make a new extension for it.

    Lil' Abner, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Lil' Abner

    SteveG Guest

    There's an updated version of Roboform for Firefox 1.0.5 available on
    the Roboform update site.

    SteveG, Jul 15, 2005

  3. That happens every time a new Firefox version is published: either an
    extension that does not handle or is not handled by the new FFproperly,
    screws up Firefox completely. Since I use about a 100 extensions, and
    extensions are hidden within firefox settings (that is, you have to dig
    into coded foldernames and analyze file contents to retrieve which
    folder belongs to which extension), it normally takes a few days to
    repair my setup and regain full functionality... if the latter is at all
    possible, since not every extension will be updated.

    In fact, I will not automatically update FF anymore until this problem
    is fixed, unless the improvements are such that it's worth a few days
    work to reconstruct my settings.

    That extensions must sometimes be adjusted to be compatible with a new
    version, is an inevitable consequence of the extension-system. However,
    problems caused by this would be reduced considerably, if Firefox did
    not store extensions in such an obscure way.
    Also, a lot of time would be spared if it were possible to mass-disable
    and/or uninstall extensions (by including tick-offs for uninstall and
    disable in the extensionlist with each extension, rather than just
    uninstall- and disablebuttons for the selected extension at the bottom),
    instead of having to wait tens of seconds after every individual
    uninstall before the next extension can be marked for uninstall.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,
    Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen

    Jan van Aalderen, Jul 16, 2005