    Take a look -- you'll get the idea. And I must admit that if Olivia de
    Havilland is your typical American girl, I might be seeing you in
    person soon!

    anthony, Oct 3, 2003

  2. anthony

    damnfine Guest

    Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    damnfine, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Many of the aussies I've known, have been rather unattractive. You all just hang upside down there under like
    a bunch of bats, not really contributing much to anyone.

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Monsewer Byrd, Oct 3, 2003
  4. anthony

    Jeßus Guest

    I want some of whatever damnfine's using:

    : Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    Hell no...

    Jeßus, Oct 3, 2003
  5. anthony

    doofus Guest

    So we're all bisexual then?

    doofus, Oct 3, 2003
  6. anthony

    pjc Guest

    Which part of him are you looking at?

    pjc, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Alex Van Starrex, Oct 3, 2003
  8. anthony

    anthony Guest

    Well, I'm talking about the screen representation....
    It's called the Willing Suspension of Disbelief.

    anthony, Oct 3, 2003
  9. anthony

    Eric R. Guest

    (anthony) wrote in message
    I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I think you might be better off
    sticking with Mel Gibson.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 3, 2003
  10. anthony

    Peter Briggs Guest

    I'm glad you added that, as I was thinking exactly the same thing!

    Peter Briggs, Oct 3, 2003
  11. anthony

    Justin Guest

    except he's a Yank

    Justin, Oct 3, 2003
  12. anthony

    Ted Guest

    All I can say is that I would never live anywhere but Australia. We have the
    best lifestyle and we don't go on with the bullshit that the yanks do. Thats
    the thing that worries me. The yanks are the most powerful nation(so they
    think) in the world and most of them are freaks. And to add to that, most
    americans I speak to absolutely love Australians, as do alot of other people
    from around the world that I speak to. we are going alright over here, never
    you mind. GO AUSSIES!!!! We are genuine human beings, we don't rave on with
    shite like the yanks do. Dont get me wrong, I love to support them in the
    wars and all but really, look at some of the freaks you see on Jerry
    Springer. Pleeeeeeeeeese!!!! Whats doing there????

    Ted, Oct 3, 2003
  13. anthony

    NJH Guest

    Jerry Springer is a freak SHOW, what else would you expect to see?

    If you imagine most Americans are like those you see on Springer, you
    seriously need a reality check. The show is designed for the welfare
    recipients who sit at home, watch TV all day, and relate to those kinds of
    people. Most Americans don't. There are 300 million of us here, remember,
    and that means we have all kinds.

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 3, 2003
  14. anthony

    Alias Guest

    Did that make the slightest bit of sense to anyone at all?

    I dunno. Something about being gay.

    Alias, Oct 3, 2003
  15. Aaron J. Bossig, Oct 3, 2003
  16. anthony

    Jeßus Guest

    I want some of whatever Ted's using:

    : We are genuine human beings, we don't rave on with shite
    : like the yanks do.

    You think so? I only wish that were still true...
    As much as I hate to say it I reckon all that stuff about 'Aussies' is no
    longer valid... that's all in the past now.
    We are becoming more and more like the yanks everyday. While this trend has
    been there for as long as I have been alive, in the past couple of years the
    pace of that trend has increased exponentially. Its a bit frightening.

    Sure, they may be pockets of the old Aussie (the 'genuine human' as you put
    it) still out there but in all our major centres, I think you'd have to
    admit that people like that are quite rare now.

    Jeßus, Oct 4, 2003
  17. anthony

    tom Guest

    I just spent 5 weeks in the US and while they certainly have some problems
    like very bad service in the shops. What I really noticed when I came back
    was that your typical young Aussie male is very aggressive (in Sydney
    anyway). You barely look sideways at some of them and you get a dirty look.

    I found people in NY city generally more friendly than in Sydney. The laid
    back Aussie attitude is long gone in Sydney.

    tom, Oct 4, 2003
  18. anthony

    Stan Brown Guest

    He's no Trent Fosters, that's for sure.

    Stan Brown, Oct 4, 2003
  19. anthony

    Ted Guest

    You guys are right about Sydney. that place does suck and yes we also have
    freaks here. I was not implying that all Americans are freaks as you see on
    Springer. Sorry if it came across that way. No I was not on anything when I
    wrote my last post, just a bit on the drunk side. My apologies to anyone who
    was offended.

    Ted, Oct 5, 2003
  20. Aussies seem to stay drunk a lot. That's pretty sad to be so desperate. Guess there's not much else going
    on Down Under.

    Doc Speedbyrd

    Speedbyrd PhD, Oct 5, 2003