Warner to Debut First Day-and Date Blu-ray, HD DVD Release

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tarkus, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Tarkus

    Tarkus Guest

    Warner to Debut First Day-and Date Blu-ray, HD DVD Release
    Thu Aug 03, 2006 at 04:45 AM ET

    With the debut of 'The Lake House' this September, Warner Home Video will
    become the first studio to simultaneously release a title on both Blu-ray
    and HD DVD formats day-and-date with the standard DVD.

    Due to hit stores on September 26, Warner will release the $60
    million-grossing Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves romantic drama in two
    editions: a HD DVD/DVD combo release as well as a Blu-ray BD-25,
    single-layer version.

    No details on technical specs or supplemental material has yet to be
    announced, but Warner has set a $39.95 list price for the HD DVD/DVD
    combo package and $34.95 for the Blu-ray release.

    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...irst_Day-and_Date_Blu-ray,_HD_DVD_Release/159

    Tarkus, Aug 3, 2006

  2. i guess warner brothers is using tis movie to try out a new maketing
    scheme since its not worth much else.

    sasha

    Apocalypticos, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Pretty much--Ie., for the same reason Warner picked "Rumor Has It" to be
    one of their first both-format releases:
    We either get action films or second-chance flops until such day as the
    technology actually catches on.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Aug 4, 2006