Warner to announce official Blu-ray support

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tarkus, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. Tarkus

    Tarkus Guest

    Warner Home Video is running ads in this week's trades indicating the
    studio is near to announcing official support for the Blu-ray format,
    including possible titles for its initial slate of disc releases.

    The ad (an image of which you can view here) is geared towards retailers
    nationwide and promotes the studio's support of both the HD DVD and
    Blu-ray formats. The ad also includes pictures of Blu-ray editions of '16
    Blocks,' 'Firewall,' 'Million Dollar Baby,' 'The Perfect Storm' and
    'Swordfish.' (All five titles have already been released on HD DVD.)

    The full text of the ad reads:

    The revolution is here: HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc have arrived. Now
    we're planning to bring millions of High Def TV owners hundreds of our
    movies, from new release to classics, in both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
    Consumers will line up behind both formats, so to make the most of this
    new opportunity, we offer them both... and so should you.

    Let's team up for the revolution... and prepare for a big, new world
    of business."

    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...arner_Near_Announcing_Support_for_Blu-ray/133

    Tarkus, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Tarkus

    Alpha Guest

    So they are campaigning (...and so should you) for everyone to offer both
    formats? Hmmm...I am sure Disney is saying HRUMPH! We are the Grinch!

    Alpha, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Tarkus

    Sandoz Guest

    Sandoz <rubbing hands together while cackling evilly> "EXCELLENT! This
    will be the best Celebrity Death Match since Beta vs. VHS !!!

    p.s. King Crimson! Rock On dude!

    Sandoz, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Tarkus

    Brightman Guest

    This whole battle stinks for the consumer. Should never have come to this.
    One format should have been settled on.

    Brightman, Jul 13, 2006