    Buy... 0_0 "

    Derek Janssen (except for MS, of course, who just saw another World
    Domination plan go awry if they can't ultimately sell us on downloads)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 6, 2008

  2. caliman.john

    Smith Guest

    Seems you are the ones whining.

    Smith, Jan 6, 2008

  3. caliman.john

    Mark Jones Guest

    I have a 65 inch and 32 inch HDTV and have no plans to buy
    a player in either format for quite awhile. With the upscaling
    capability of my DVD players and the line doubler in my
    65 inch Mitsubishi HDTV, I am getting image quality that
    is close to what I get for over the air HD broadcasts.

    Sure, the high definition images are better, but not enough
    better to get me to buy in at the current high price point
    for players and movies.

    Mark Jones, Jan 6, 2008
  4. caliman.john

    Mark Jones Guest

    This analogy doesn't work too well. Pizza Hut owns Pepsi.

    Mark Jones, Jan 6, 2008

  5. Bullshit!

    Sony was IN with Toshiba at the beginning of this CRAP, and it was
    Toshiba's idea. It was SONY that branched off into their own horseshit,
    and you want the idea's originator to fade away into the Sonyset.

    It had not a goddamned thing to do with Microsoft. It had to do with
    Sony's greed, and nothing more.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  6. In my America, it should cost SONY if they begin to appear too
    monopolistic. Ooops... too late for that.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  7. Well if that isn't PKB, asshole, I don't know what is.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  8. Speaking of cheap DVD players and Toshiba A3's, see if you can spot
    anything odd about this flyer a poster dug up from a regional
    electronics chain:
    http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/gnr3312/DSC00763.jpg

    (Hint: Look *very carefully* at the $299 "Upconverting DVD Player") ;)

    Derek Janssen (well, that's Ken Graffeo TOLD us it was anyway!)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 6, 2008

  9. You're an idiot.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008

  10. You're an idiot.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008

  11. Yes. The dopes want $400 to add a drive to a laptop that doesn't even
    write, and doesn't have more than $50 worth of manufacturing cost behind
    it.

    The whole industry is trying to capitalize on early adopters they way
    that Apple has capitalized on all the IPUD retards out there.

    Apple has always wanted far too much for far too little.

    Their 30" display is a perfect example It is old technology, low
    contrast ratio, and slower than molasses. Yet they want twice as much
    for it as modern displays with FPDs in them that are more than twice as
    good.

    A perfect example of the same kind of hype that a company like BOSE or
    Monster Cable wants you to believe. To me, it is LESS for MORE.

    I ain't buying it. Then, the AppleTards went x86, and they are STILL
    trying to get folks to pay double price for their CRAP.

    Some of us actually know how to step back and look at what is out there
    and see when a company is trying to dupe its customers, and perspective
    customers into thinking they are getting some kind of vastly superior
    product.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008

  12. More like "Welcome to seeing us patching up what is essentially a poor
    design schema."

    If they were not so damned concerned with "security" the shit would
    work a lot faster, and a lot better.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008

  13. Must not pay much attention to what other post and discuss either then.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  14. Which would mean that you would have to HAVE a wireless Internet
    connection available, idiot.
    The big what to do in the PS3 realm, if one looks at the discussion
    forums, is why they have not yet included HD Master Audio in their last
    firmware upgrade. The movie watchers are wondering why, and the kiddie
    gamer twits are saying they never cared. It really is a mosh pit of
    stupidity over there on the Sony Playstation forums.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  15. Correct. WiFi. The BT is for wireless peripherals, etc.
    Not "remote"... "peripheral".
    Yes. By far. Far more versatile. My 1.4TB PS3 has Linux, movies, and
    more...

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  16. You're an idiot. Most were not trying to "paint the industry" with
    anything, you idiot.
    Bullshit. Since the consoles typically come with a BD film, they get
    to try one right from the get-go.
    Jeez, you show your stupidity in so many, varied ways.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  17. Considering that the first CD and DVD players were far higher, and that
    even VHS VCRs with decent audio were far higher in price, I think you
    dopes are just pissing and moaning about your tiny bank accounts.

    In yesterday's dollars (1982), such a player as seen today would be $50.

    Yesterday's VCR at $300 for a decent one, would be $700 or more, in
    today's inflation adjusted dollars.

    So stop pissing and moaning about the player prices. The damned things
    are cheap.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Jan 6, 2008
  18. caliman.john

    steveo Guest

    Hasn't for a couple of years now.

    steveo

    steveo, Jan 6, 2008
  19. Well, my HDA2 works flawlessly if slowly... Fits the bill and was at a
    what was considered good price when I bought it.

    My PS3 is wonderful. Quick and solidly built.

    My Sony S300 is imitating a doorstop as I just got tired of the slowness
    to load and the twitchiness of operation.

    Lloyd Parsons, Jan 6, 2008
  20. You have that backwards. Pepsico own Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried
    Chicken, Frito-Lay [potato chips], Taco Bell, and the list goes
    on. Close to 500 subsiciaries of Pepsico if you include all the
    little ones and local bottling plants.

    Bill

    Bill Vermillion, Jan 6, 2008