    Ron Hunter Guest

    Interesting. Wal-Mart has about the best profit sharing arrangement in
    US industry. I wouldn't feel too sorry for their employees.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005

  2. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Your misconceptions of laws in the US are downright amusing. Such
    practices ARE illegal here, and any company who did what you describe
    would be in big trouble. Mislabeling food products can result in some
    ugly legal problems.

    And you are WAY out of line with the last sentence.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005

  3. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Sounds like Ilford was scamming Sam's as well as the end user.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  4. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I hate to tell you this, but Sam's doesn't make, or pack, the paper.
    They specify the paper specs, and the supplier supplies them packaged as
    specified, and at the agreed upon price. I seriously doubt Sam's even
    examines actual shipped material to verify quality (they SHOULD).
    So, who do you blame here?

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  5. SamSez

    measekite Guest

    I can't see that. These stores provide the manufacturers with
    specifications that lead into a contract. Big stores have departments
    that inspect the goods and see that the products they buy do meet the
    specifications they pay for. If Ilford was doing that kind of stuff
    then I am sure they would intermittently short their own dealers and
    sooner or later they would get caught.

    measekite, Mar 26, 2005
  6. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Very often a large chain of stores will order a product, such as a
    computer, built to their specifications, and it will have a model number
    specific to that chain. This prevents direct comparisons of pricing
    between store chains, and makes claims of matching prices on 'identical
    merchandise' a safe bet. A wise purchaser keeps aware of such ploys,
    and does his homework, examines products, and KNOWS what he is buying.
    To do less courts disappointment.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  7. SamSez

    Ivor Floppy Guest

    You'll find the only 'rights' you have relate to the product being as
    advertised. If the paper sold as "Ilford Galerie Professional Inkjet Photo
    Range Smooth Gloss Paper" [sic] in 100 sheet boxes" was as described *on the
    pack* then there's no comeback.

    The fact it's not the same paper as sold elsewhere is irrelevant.

    Ivor Floppy, Mar 26, 2005
  8. SamSez

    SamSez Guest

    Sorry Ron, but when the name on the box is ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL, what more can
    you 'know' short of opening the package? If you bought a box of Kellogg's Corn
    Flakes at a warehouse club, what would YOU expect to be inside -- seriously?
    Something different than what you buy at Piggly-Wiggly? I doubt it.

    SamSez, Mar 26, 2005
  9. SamSez

    Douglas Guest

    Correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't the USA gone to war against that
    little country in the middle east where they get their oil from in same
    manner Hitler did towards Germany's neighbours in the '30's and bombed the
    shit out of the people of that nation for disagreeing with the USA?

    Now George Bush is telling everyone he'll get Australia to help bash up one
    of Australia's largest trading partners (China) because they (China) want
    the island of Taiwan to re-join the unified China and you lot don't think
    that's a good idea because you get a major portion of your car parts,
    chemicals and electronic components cheap from them because it's too costly
    to comply with US environmental laws and make them in your own country.

    What is about Americans that makes them so aggressive towards anyone who
    disagree with them? And you have the cheek to tell me I'm out of line for
    stating the truth. These are not the actions of civilised people or a for
    that matter, a civilised nation. China is a nuclear nation with as much
    military capacity and the ability to use it as the USA. What are you lot
    trying to do? Bring on another ice age? Not a Red Necked, flag waving Yankee
    yourself are you?

    Get on over to Australia and witness first hand how US companies are
    behaving before you get on your high horse and pass judgment on one of their
    victims for stating the truth.

    Douglas, Mar 26, 2005
  10. SamSez

    measekite Guest

    New Zealand has better lamb chops!

    measekite, Mar 26, 2005
  11. SamSez

    Frank ess Guest

    The formerly respectable Douglas has degenerated into a hysterical
    soont. Some folks can't believe they exist without excessive amounts of
    adrenaline and bile coursing through their systems, and if no
    appropriate occasion arises, they will manufacture one out of whole
    cloth.

    Never mind embarrassing himself and all his country-mates, he's
    asssuring himself of constant discomfort and early incapacitation and
    demise. He should take my earlier advice: leave these groups and relax.

    Frank ess, Mar 26, 2005
  12. SamSez

    leo Guest

    Still Iiford should use a different name when they have that much
    difference in materials. Like many mattress companies selling basically
    the same mattress with different names and patterns. Ilford's liable to
    make such a confusion. I seriously doubt Sams Club would care if it's
    called something else as long as the big Ilford name is there. And most
    people working there and shoppers don't know much about paper, unlike
    us, the educated consumers.

    leo, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Do you get it if you work part-time? Because they try very hard to
    ensure that their employees don't get enough hours to get health care,
    so I wonder if they make it easier to get profit sharing.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 26, 2005
  14. SamSez

    Jer Guest

    Considering that Walwart (Sam's) is notorious for flexing their discount
    muscles with their suppliers, it seems that both could be complicit in
    this deception. Walwart demands lesser quality (to force a lower price)
    and Ilford complies because they're being courted by a retail discounter
    with hundreds of stores full of bargain hunters and staffed by underpaid
    wanks.

    Jer, Mar 26, 2005
  15. SamSez

    Jer Guest

    We realise that Walwart believes this, the issue is we don't.

    Jer, Mar 26, 2005
  16. SamSez

    Douglas Guest

    Yeah... At least they had the good sense to ban the bloody minded yanks from
    bringing their Nuked ships of death into the country.

    Douglas, Mar 26, 2005
  17. SamSez

    Douglas Guest

    Thank you for that Frank... Our prime Minister has done the embarrassing. I
    often feel ashamed to be an Australian when I see what he has done in
    concert with the US.

    Unfortunately if you speak up against it you get branded an embarrassing
    troublemaker and if you do nothing you just become one of despicable
    mongrels. Which are you Frank?

    Douglas

    Douglas, Mar 26, 2005
  18. SamSez

    Confused Guest

    In message <>
    I find that one large glass of high pulp orange
    juice in the morning keeps the system "regular".

    Jeff

    Confused, Mar 26, 2005
  19. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    No. It went to war against that country for repeated violations of UN
    mandates, and a previous invasion of a peaceful nation, and harboring,
    and promotion of international terrorism. BTW, Australia has been one
    of the most loyal supporters of that action, and has some very capable
    troops involved in the same war.
    Hogwash. You have a very distorted viewpoint.
    If you think China has as much military capacity as the US you are in
    for some ugly shocks.
    If you can't control the companies in your country, don't come whining
    to me.
    This is a photography NG, not a venue for your anti-American whining.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005
  20. SamSez

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Could be, but if my sources are correct, isn't NZ overselling them? It
    seems that NZ had 6 times as many sheep only 15 years ago as they do
    now... At that rate, they will be as extinct as the Moa.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 26, 2005