    Desktop winxp Pro PC hardwired to Linksys WRT54GS Router. Dell inspiron
    wireless with a WPC54G. Both support WAP.
    2 questions please:
    #1 available apps that I can use to periodically check if my security has
    been compromised with as Much info as possible
    #2 I previously posed a question about security on this same setup. Here was
    the response I got:
    supercomputer or two.

    MY question is what is this last one here and why wouldn't everyone use
    this??

    Thanks so much,
    Frank L

    Frank, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Frank

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I think that the previous post hints to corporate world where Wireless
    Security can be enhanced by using special servers to log on and there more
    elaborate controls to id the users.

    Like most of us you have an Entry Level Wireless using Peer to Peer Network.

    Given the means available to Entry Level Wireless, "Compromise" usually can
    be detected by finding extra IPs given to more computer than what have on
    your network.

    You can periodically log to your Router's DHCP clients list and see what
    list status is.

    May be this can further Help.

    WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

    Wireless Segregation: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html