    Hi Everyone, If I reformat my hard drive,and i dont have the original
    Windows Me cause it was preloaded when I bought the computer.But I have a
    WindowsME emergency backup disk..Will this work,if I reformat, or no?

    danacawthorn, Jun 12, 2004

  2. danacawthorn

    Paul - xxx Guest

    danacawthorn posted:
    Depends on the computer, my Evesham Axis wouldn't. However Alt - F4 and
    entering the password, available from Evesham for me and maybe also your
    supplier, allowed the recovery CD to do a full Win ME re-installation. If
    you only have the ME floppy startup disk then you don't have any choice
    really other than call your supplier and explain the problem and see if
    they'll sort out a recovery or system CD for you.

    Mine was necessitated by a hard drive dying suddenly ... no way for recovery
    other than a whole new drive .. I _do_ like having good backups and images
    though .. :)

    Paul - xxx, Jun 12, 2004

  3. danacawthorn

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The emergency/recovery disk that came with the computer has the install for
    the Win ME O/S. You should contact the computer manufacture Tech Support or
    there may be a book that came with the computer that has the instructions on
    how to reinstall the ME O/S.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 12, 2004
  4. danacawthorn

    madmax Guest

    Try looking for .cab files
    On my ME all the cab folders were copied on the hard drive
    during installation.You could try a reinstall without format
    using them.Don't forget to get the Key.It's in the registry.
    -max

    --
    Programs that I use and recommend (all are free)
    Many thanks to all the people who make these fine products!
    Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    Spyware Blaster
    Spyware Guard
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Sygate Personal Firewall
    http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm
    Avast! For Home
    Eraser 5.3
    http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/
    CwShredder
    HijackThis
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Thunderbird
    Firefox

    This message is virus free as far I can tell
    Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply
    Use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

    madmax, Jun 13, 2004
  5. danacawthorn

    Plato Guest

    One should always have the real CD for the OS they want to use. Get one.

    Plato, Jun 13, 2004
  6. danacawthorn

    terry_b17 Guest

    hi,
    what brand system do you have ?
    did it come with other applications installed ?
    if windows works you should download and run belarc advisor available
    at http://www.belarc.com
    it is a free download that will list the hardware and software on your
    system as well as the license # for the programs . if you format you
    will need disks to reinstall any programs that you use .
    hope this helps,
    terry

    terry_b17, Jun 16, 2004