    15/12/93)

    btw, was not the original poster just a SPAMMER???

    Zdenek Sojka

    Zdenek Sojka, Aug 8, 2004

  2. JK

    Michael-NC Guest

    Actually, the game sucks ass so far. All the new "revolutionary graphics"
    are a little hard to see in the dark...

    Why am I playing a video game that I can't even see at the brightest
    settings and why did I pay 55.00 dollars for this steaming pile?

    Michael-NC, Aug 8, 2004

  3. JK

    kony Guest

    LOL, good point.

    It might not need such beefy video cards if they only diplayed
    what was illuminated by flashlight.

    kony, Aug 8, 2004
  4. JK

    Michael-NC Guest

    When a flashlight is the most essential item in a FPS, something is wrong...

    At least in Painkiller, you held the flashlight with one hand and you weapon
    in the other. Much better.

    Michael-NC, Aug 9, 2004
  5. JK

    Thor Guest

    LOL! Painkiller rocked, although it was a bit too much like Serious Sam at
    times for my liking, it was pretty enjoyable, and the graphics were
    outstanding. The soundtrack was awesome as well, especially the Ozzy track
    for the credits. And that last level was a real mind-bender but a bit
    disappointed in how easy it was to kill the final boss. On another note, if
    you haven't played Thief III yet, it is pretty much more of the same as
    compared to the first two, but there is one level that takes place in a
    haunted insane asylum that is really great. Almost makes it worth buying the
    game just to play that level.

    Thor, Aug 9, 2004
  6. Carlo Razzeto, Aug 9, 2004
  7. JK

    Michael-NC Guest

    Duct Tape shouldn't be necessary, this game is an embarrassment to ID and is
    getting soundly thrashed in many forums. Deservedly so. I shouldn't need to
    play with gamma, brightness and third party apps just to play a game. ID
    says it doesn't release a game til it's finished, well, in this case, they
    are true to their word. This game was finished before it was released. Pun
    intended.

    Michael-NC, Aug 9, 2004
  8. JK

    Michael-NC Guest

    I need to try out Thief3. PK was a delight. The weaponry, with all the alt
    fire modes was thoroughly enjoyable. There was nothing more satisfying than
    using the freezer mode on the shotgun, then shattering the enemy with a
    blast of buckshot. No less then 3 fire modes with the PK weapon itself!
    Great game.

    Michael-NC, Aug 9, 2004
  9. JK

    Stuart Guest

    Stuart, Aug 13, 2004
  10. Meh, at various times Quake 2 and Quake 3 got soundly thrashed in many
    forums. They'll be ok.

    -Steve

    Stephen Gordon, Aug 13, 2004
  11. JK

    Jim Berwick Guest

    I didn't have to play with gamma, brightness or any third party apps to
    play Doom 3 on either of the two machines in my house with enough muscle to
    play it. The game is very dark in the beginning, after a bit it does
    brighten up though.

    Jim Berwick, Aug 13, 2004
  12. JK

    Thor Guest

    Been to the end yet? I have. It gets much darker. There are lots of places
    where there is no lighting other than your flashlight. That being said, I
    have to admit that the hell level designs are pretty cool. Kind of
    disappointed with the ending though.

    Thor, Aug 14, 2004
  13. JK

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    There are a number of places that are really dark and you have only a
    flashlight. I don't think the answer to that is to crank up the
    brightness. The answer is to use your flashlight like the designers
    expected. Seeing a monster with the flashlight, and having to whip out a
    gun to kill it, then flip out the light again to scan if it is safe adds to
    the atmosphere.

    DeMoN LaG, Aug 14, 2004
  14. JK

    Thor Guest

    Seeing a monster with the flashlight, and having to whip out a
    Or to the stupidity of the fact that flashlights mounted on weapons is basic
    20th century technology in a game where the story takes place in the far
    future, and yet these future military folks seem to have forgotten about the
    logic of it.

    Thor, Aug 14, 2004
  15. JK

    mbowen83 Guest

    Logic would only make too much sence in modern video gaming henceforth
    it has no place in them.

    mbowen83, Aug 14, 2004
  16. JK

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    I do agree on this point. I would have liked it if some weapons had lights
    mounted. Not like, the chaingun, but handgun, shotgun, etc.

    DeMoN LaG, Aug 15, 2004
  17. JK

    Michael-NC Guest

    Did you try that Duct Tape mod? It's not the same light as the flashlight
    but at least it's _something._

    Michael-NC, Aug 15, 2004
  18. JK

    Martin Guest

    I hope it opens out a bit too. So far just corridors and small rooms. No
    outdoor levels. Like a prettied up Wolfenstein 3D!

    Martin

    Martin, Aug 16, 2004
  19. JK

    Stuart Guest

    Yes but that is not how they want the game to be played, having to swap
    between the flashlight and the gun creates more tension and makes the
    game more interesting.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Aug 16, 2004
  20. JK

    kony Guest

    You are outdoors for moments, but it is mars, lack of oxygen is a
    bit of a problem. Larger areas do exist but that's where you'll
    really see how good your video card is, framerates drop
    signficantly compared to small rooms, corridors, etc.

    It really is a shame they couldn't manage to allow using
    flashlight and weapon at same time, game would've been much
    better then, but perhaps too easy, half of the work seems to be
    shuffling through all the items you're carrying.

    kony, Aug 17, 2004