    minolta xt's are good for that ? or any suggestion.

    Thanking

    mel.

    mEL, Nov 21, 2003

  2. mEL

    Frank ess Guest

    I think it works good for almost every basic purpose. Flash is weak.

    See photos of the Xi and Xt together, and
    photos made by an Xt, at
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/BC32073BD1DA91E
    Model car photos made with Dimage
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/B51CA34810BA0D1

    I saw an Xi at Fry's for $150 USD. The Xi does almost the same things as the
    Xt, except:
    record "movies" to the extent of memory card and battery capacity;
    focus at distances closer than 10 inches;
    I've forgotten the rest.

    I really enjoy the convenience of the Xt in a belt case (the brown one).
    You need an extra battery, but they charge fast.
    The Secure Disk memory is fast, and the price is coming down, size going up.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 21, 2003

  3. mEL

    L. Santer Guest

    I took a borrowed Minolta Xi, the 2 MP precursor to the XT, with me
    on a trip to Alaska. For 4x5" snapshots of mountains, water, and
    glaciers, I found the Minolta prints to be quite nice. Most folks
    could tell them apart from the same image taken with my 35 mm SLR, but
    just barely. BTW, I do not deign to call these landscapes by any
    means. Just amateur snapshots. You know, the usual dreck. :)

    I think the 3MP XT with its improvements would be even better and
    almost bought one, but I already had a couple of 2MP cameras and
    decided to go for the 5 MP Minolta G400. I do miss the pocketability
    of the Xi though.

    L. Santer, Nov 21, 2003
  4. mEL

    Junque Guest

    I bought one a few months ago to replace a worn-out Nikon AF compact and
    found the result to easily equal it. I have used it for general
    photography including landscape where I do not want to carry my Mamiya
    system around. I carry the Xt on my belt most of the time, I did not
    always carry the Nikon and only take the Mamiya for special occasions
    where I want a larger sharper photograph or the full manual control is
    essential to me. I also bought the black leather case and a 256M SD
    card, I have not found a requirement for a spare battery, I probably
    would if I took a lot more (>100) photographs in a day, but even though
    there is no cost in taking more I still tend to only photograph things
    that look good to me.

    Junque, Nov 21, 2003
  5. mEL

    mEL Guest

    Hello Guys

    Thanks for your time and comments. l'm grateful to you. I'll be
    waiting for some more comments.

    mel

    mEL, Nov 24, 2003