    only the small title panel on the front tin. I'm guessing that the
    next round will eliminate the tin altogether and just come in
    cardboard sleeves. Real nice, Disney.

    fredman, Dec 8, 2004

  2. fredman

    Invid Fan Guest

    I honestly don't care, as I just toss the tins somewhere in the house
    where they're out of the way.

    Invid Fan, Dec 8, 2004

  3. fredman

    fredman Guest

    Yeah, ultimately it is the content that matters, but honestly since
    the Lethal Weapon series, it seems studios have done their best to
    foil any consistancy in timed release sets. I too may toss the tins
    and just have the alpha cases on the shelf... Cheers.

    fredman, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Last time, they claimed it was the tin shortage (and the crowded
    replication season) on "Front Lines" that delayed last year's Treasures
    till May.

    My guess is, they're, umm...thinking about moving away from tins. :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Dec 9, 2004
  5. fredman

    Invid Fan Guest

    If sales are too great for tin production to keep up, that's a good
    thing :) Is there news on what's in the next batch or two of Treasures?
    I'm waiting for some early silent toons...

    Invid Fan, Dec 9, 2004
  6. fredman

    Invid Fan Guest

    Can't have that. I want more of these collections, but artificial
    spikes for films like "Victory through Air Power" due to the "Der
    Fuhrer's Face" short may come back to haunt us when later volumes don't
    do as well. And I WANT more of the non-comercial stuff like "Victory
    through Air Power" and the science pieces... damned fun for geeks with
    certain interests.
    Season sets of the Mickey Mouse Club is probably too much to hope for
    (or a release of the 70's syndicated version). Maybe a collection of
    all the Hardy Boys episodes...
    Haven't seen one of those in years, and am a bit surprised there's few
    enough to fit on two disks (assuming the "complete" part is accurate).

    Invid Fan, Dec 9, 2004
  7. (Well, actually, it was more the mania of every showoff wanting his own
    copy of "Der Fuhrer's Face" that artificially created the "unexpectedly
    strong sales" for last year's tins...
    But, at least was a few brownie points for giving the archivists more
    free reign to work on their own future projects.)
    Nothing yet, although "Complete True-Life Adventures" was originally
    supposed to come out this wave.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Dec 9, 2004
  8. fredman

    Richard C. Guest

    =============================
    The tin is the most valuable part of the package to collectors.
    Check out prices on eBay.
    ===============================

    Richard C., Dec 9, 2004
  9. fredman

    Invid Fan Guest

    It's only valuable, over time, if people throw them out. If there's one
    for every copy of the dvd, they're literally a dime a dozen :)

    Invid Fan, Dec 9, 2004
  10. It's only valuable, over time, if people throw them out. If there's one
    There's a tin for every original Treasures release, but the Disney movie club
    has been offering sets of prior Treasures releases sans tins to their members.
    Collectors late on the Treasures bandwagon now have impetus to search out
    tinned originals, if they're the types concerned with having original releases.
    Plus, of the original tins, some are damaged in shipping to stores and
    customers, some get damaged over time through careless handling...

    The tins can't easily be replaced when damaged, are relatively fragile, are in
    finite supply... sound like good "collectible" hooks to me, and the desire for
    them is not much odder than book collectors preferring their hardbacks to have
    the original dustjackets.

    Robert Morgan, Dec 10, 2004
  11. fredman

    Invid Fan Guest

    I'm just saying I'm helping future collectors by letting mine rot in
    the closet :)
    Part of that is so they look good on the shelf, and every hardcover did
    originally have a dustjacket...

    Invid Fan, Dec 10, 2004