    sending it out 1 or 2 days later--to keep customers from renting too many a
    month, like Netlfix does. Why don't these companies just admit there is a
    monthly limit?

    Crankkkie, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Just finished my 30 day trial and I received 9 DVDs during the 30 days.I
    live in southeastern PA and distribution center is in upstate NY.
    Average mail time both ways was 2 days.

    I'm now trying Netflix and even though the distribution center is only 2
    or 3 counties away it appears that their processing time is slower than
    Walmarts. Mail should only take 1-2 days from my home to their center
    but by the time they list the return as being received it's 3-4 days.
    After the trial I'll probably go back to Walmart and get more DVDs on
    their 2 out plan than the 3 out plan with Netflix.

    Bob

    Bob Schoenleber, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Crankkkie

    Manda Guest

    My distribution center is 300 miles away, and the great majority of discs
    arrive here in 2-3 days. A handful (usually TV shows that they probably
    have a limited inventory of) have taken 4-6 days. Returns take 2-3,
    sometimes 4 days.

    This is also on par with my experience with Blockbuster. With Netflix it
    was 1-2 days to receive, 1-6 days for returns (with an increasing number of
    5's and 6's near the end of my subscription).

    Overall I'm pretty happy with the two months I've had with Walmart. If only
    they had the selection of Netflix and Blockbuster I'd stay for their 4-out
    plan. As it is, I'll soon be going back to Netflix.

    Manda

    Manda, Oct 25, 2004