    quality. I seem to always need ink when Cartridge World is closed,
    though I'd rather give the business to the independently owned Cartridge
    World franchise than to Walgreen's.

    SMS, Jul 31, 2007

  2. SMS

    Somebody Guest

    Well unless they have inks made for each brand and not a single ink for all
    printers it is a sucky option. Each company has their own formulation that
    produces the best prints and doesn't quickly or slowly kill the printer.
    Just pumping any ink that they can get the best deal on in to an ink
    cartridge is just a waste of time and money.

    Somebody!

    Somebody, Jul 31, 2007

  3. SMS

    SMS Guest

    Yeah, you're probably right. However I almost never print photos from
    the inkjet printer because the quality is so much lower, and the cost so
    much higher than just uploading the photos to a lab that will print them
    properly. I can't buy ink and paper for 17ยข a print, and even if I
    could, the longevity of prints that you make yourself is poor. If I
    don't want to go to Costco, I can send them to a drugstore a ten minute
    walk away.

    SMS, Jul 31, 2007
  4. Like you, I don't print my photos on an inkjet except for the occasional 4x6
    snapshot that I use my Epson PictureMate for. We print a lot of documents
    in the house and I buy cartridges from www.ink4art.com for my Epson 4-in-1.
    It's cheaper than Walgreen's.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Aug 1, 2007
  5. SMS

    tomm42 Guest

    One way to keep getting bad prints from inkjets is to use 3rd party
    inks. If you use the top tier 3rd party inks you may do alright, but
    you will still fuss about on color. With my Canon I can print 4x6s for
    $.25 each and have them look like what I have on my screen. Much
    better than any outside printing service I've tried. Use the cheapest
    stuff and you get poor results. Right now even the midrange dye ink
    printers by Canon and HP have printlife compareable to drugstore
    prints and pigment ink printers surpass chemical prints. Inkjet works
    well if you use the right stuff.

    Tom

    tomm42, Aug 1, 2007
  6. SMS

    Mark B. Guest

    No thanks. ink4less has black for my Epson for $13, color for $15.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 6, 2007