    the computer?

    Also will it wake the computer from "shutdown" or just hibernation and
    standby?

    HotRod, May 17, 2005

  2. HotRod

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Jack \(MVP\), May 17, 2005

  3. HotRod

    Guest Guest

    How exactly you set this computer for wake?
    Wrt. wake-on LAN (WOL): not all netcards have this feature.
    It is most common in wired PCI ethernet cards but hardly is supported in
    WLAN cards, especially cheap ones.
    Also Windows does not support WOL for any USB and Cardbus devices.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Guest, May 17, 2005
  4. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I have a (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC) network card that
    I am doing research on to see if it works. Like I said sometimes it seems to
    work but other times it won't. I think when I have
    ARP/PING, Link Change, and APM Mode ENABLED and only put the computer in
    Standby it will work. BUT only sometimes. Unfortunately the computer also
    just randomly starts back up.

    HotRod, May 17, 2005
  5. HotRod

    Pavel Guest

    Pavel, May 17, 2005
  6. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I'm not sure how to tell whether I have the 8139A or just the 8139

    HotRod, May 17, 2005
  7. HotRod

    atec Guest

    It should be writtin on the chips

    atec, May 18, 2005
  8. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    IS there anyway to tell without opening the PC?

    HotRod, May 18, 2005
  9. HotRod

    Malke Guest

    Malke, May 18, 2005