    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/sys_req.html

    Sorry. Symantec doesn't see xp x64 as a consumer operating system.

    William Walker

    William Walker, Sep 28, 2005

  2. They just don't see it as a consumer operating system "yet". They are saving
    the resources for Vista I can bet. Obviously they will have to make it
    compatible with Vista since all editions except for Starter Edition will be
    available in 32/64 bit code. In the mean time there is Avast, NOD32, eTrust
    and others that are supporting Windows x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005

  3. William Walker

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Corporate 10 and above work. Symantec sees Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition as an interim release of an exisiting OS (recompiled Windows XP
    Pro). I anticipate they will not release until Vista makes it to the
    streets...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 28, 2005
  4. William Walker

    M. Murcek Guest

    When I get my Vista machine up and running, you can bet I won't let any
    Symantec products anywhere near it!

    M. Murcek, Sep 28, 2005
  5. I take the Nortons junk off of every store bought machine that comes into
    the company, and replace it with AVG. Their stuff is worthless IMO, and the
    devious way it's bundled with new computers, leading poor uninformed users
    to buy stuff they don't need after 30 days, is just wrong. If you're gonna
    be a fearmonger, at least make stuff that works...

    Dennis Gordon, Sep 28, 2005
  6. That's fine. I don't see any Norton products getting on any machine I own
    anyway. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 28, 2005
  7. William Walker

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Sep 28, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 28, 2005
  9. William Walker

    zekolas Guest

    I agree, Norton is not a good product, there are better firewalls/virus
    scanners out there and most are not nearly expensive as norton(most are
    free)

    zekolas, Sep 28, 2005
  10. William Walker

    warpsix Guest

    I would like to thank symantec for not taking the time over the last
    year to make a antivirus for my 64 bit machine. I have always used
    norton for my antivirus needs .never even tried another antivirus
    product until i installed win xp pro 64bit.From now on i will use nod32
    and never again let norton on a single one of my hard drives.

    warpsix, Sep 28, 2005
  11. William Walker

    Guest Guest

    What are the Anti-Virus programs that are 64-bit compatable? Also which ones
    would you recomend?

    Guest, Oct 3, 2005
  12. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 4, 2005
  13. William Walker

    John Barnes Guest

    Avast works for most machines, but causes shutdown and data transfer
    problems on some.

    John Barnes, Oct 4, 2005
  14. All my machines, both 32bit and 64bit, will be moving to NOD32 as soon
    as subscriptions run out for current AV apps. NOD32 has run
    flawlessly, both in beta and final versions, on my x64 machine for
    months now.

    Recommended.

    J. Eric Durbin, Oct 4, 2005