    I just upgraded to 1g RAM. I also updated the BIOS to A11 yesterday. I ran Diagnostics and ne errors show up (at least while the driver is still working). I have gone into the registry and ensured the permission were set up properly.

    Short of getting a new motherboard, and thoughts?

    Thanks Dhar

    Dharteck, May 10, 2006

  2. Dharteck

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Maybe its worth investing is a Cheap Sound Blaster Sound Card, Dells tend to stuff up after a while. Just disable the sound card in Bios, after u have installed a new card.

    The only other this i could think of is, that windows has problems working with ur version of the WDM, possiblely update that first? to work with old drivers.

    unholy, May 10, 2006