    The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.

    This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
    2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

    Querulous, Apr 3, 2010

  2. Querulous

    Pavel A. Guest

    On same computer, with same wireless device?

    --pa

    Pavel A., Apr 3, 2010

  3. Querulous

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what wireless NIC and what driver?

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Barb Bowman, Apr 3, 2010
  4. Querulous

    GTS Guest

    I haven’t found that to be the case in various customer installations and my
    own. I have, however, run into some very buggy drivers

    GTS, Apr 3, 2010
  5. Hi
    I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working with
    me.
    I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there is
    No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about what
    you use and how.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 4, 2010
  6. Querulous

    Querulous Guest

    As an update; we're in a big boat!

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7network/thread/43f61a9c-
    069b-49ab-9f5b-f52ec2b1ef7e

    Reminiscent of the big -V- startup pains, no?

    Speculating (and hopeful); this may be a Sony Vaio (just to give credit
    where it is due) driver problem, causing a WPA2 handshake anomaly.

    Still unconfirmed, as we wait anxiously for the verdict.

    Time will tell.

    Querulous, Apr 15, 2010
  7. Querulous

    Barb Bowman Guest

    As Jack said, you really need to post info on your router and wireless NIC.
    details are required. The thread you reference is a big garbage pile of multiple
    problems because everyone assumes it is the same issue. That thread you point
    out is useless.

    Many of the higher end Sony VAIOs have Intel 5100/6200 NICs. And won't connect
    with WEP or TKIP. You must use WPA2-AES.
    http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/cs-025643.htm

    But without details, this is a shot in the dark.

    Barb Bowman, Apr 16, 2010