    am still at SP2, being very leery of SP3, and am wondering if SP4 is
    any better. Here's the EULA, I would love to know what y'all think:

    http://lists.gpick.com/crashsite/downloads/eula.txt

    Max Quordlepleen, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    Richard Guest

    Standard boring useless dribble.
    With the exception or inclusion of the fact that you allow microsoft to spy
    on your system, determine if you are using any software which has violated
    their copyrights or trademarks, and allow microsoft to turn off said
    software.
    Yeah, right. How ya gonna do that when I'm not online buttheads?
    What gives microsoft the right to invade my privacy, search my computer and
    tell me which software I may not use?
    How do I protect myself from microsoft wanting to know technical stuff about
    my machine?
    I think somebody should slap their "high and mighty" asses around a bit.
    What if they find linux on my machine? They're going to disable it? I don't
    think so.

    Richard, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Max Quordlepleen

    Jimchip Guest

    It seems pretty typical. There's more on Windows Media Digital Rights
    Management.

    This part is funny:
    TO THE MAXIMUM
    EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW,
    MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE TO
    YOU THE COMPONENTS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
    (IF ANY) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS; AND
    MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY
    DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND
    CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED
    OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
    LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED
    WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF
    MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF RELIABILITY
    OR AVAILABILITY, OF ACCURACY OR
    COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS,
    OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF
    VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, ALL
    WITH REGARD TO THE COMPONENTS, AND THE
    PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE
    SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION,
    SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH
    THE COMPONENTS OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT
    OF THE USE OF THE COMPONENTS.

    Gives me a lot of confidence <g>

    Jimchip, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Max Quordlepleen

    Jimchip Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:41:42 -0500, Richard wrote:
    [snip]
    [snip]

    Yes, St00pid, that sums up your post.

    Troll-o-meter: "Richard" = Richard Bullis; Category = Kook
    -----------------------
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    -----------------------
    /\

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    Jimchip, Jun 27, 2003
  5. This part is not funny.
    "A list of revoked WM-DRM Software is sent to your
    computer whenever you download a license for Secure
    Content from the Internet. Microsoft may, in
    conjunction with such license, also download
    revocation lists onto your computer on behalf of
    Secure Content Owners."

    I don't care to allow Billy Gates to decide what gets downloaded to my
    computer on behalf of a third party licencer.

    Beware that when you install it you also reconfigure all the defaults
    to suit your level of trust in M$ BEFORE you allow it online again.

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jun 27, 2003
  6. Max Quordlepleen

    Mara Guest

    I think it's a crock, and I'm not going to let Micro$haft decide what I can or
    can't do with my systems. Remember, too, that SP 3 is incorporated into it.
    AFAIAC, my systems run perfectly with SP 2 and the security updates for it, and
    have for a long time, so that's where I'm staying.

    "They're _my_ systems, not M$'s."

    Mara, Jun 27, 2003
  7. <SNIP
    <SNIP>

    Yes, it appears to say

    "This product is totally crap and there's nothing you bozos can do about
    it!!! Wadda you mean 'it crashed my systems'? Tough!!"

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jun 27, 2003
  8. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:21:18
    -0500, Mara uttered this:
    Agreed. I wouldn't allow M$ to run my systems, nor tell me what I can or cannot
    put on my systems. Also with a record like they have, of not patching servers &
    keeping quiet about security flaws......would you trust them? <shudder>

    William Poaster, Jun 27, 2003