VTP probs after insert new 2960G with CNA4.1

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Wayne, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Hi

    All our switches (3550, 2950 etc.) were running since months perfectly.
    First we applied a 2960G in the network and configured it with the CNA 4.1.
    All vlans were synchronized to the new device and everything worked well. I
    configured some ports with the CNA as trunk and "Trunk-allowed VLAN" with
    one of the VLAN as example "4". Now to my problem ;-) After we inserted a
    second new 2960 switch, I can't set any of the 2960 family switches a port
    to trunk with only one vlan as "Trunk-allowed VLAN". If I set a port to
    trunk with Vlan 4 I can apply that setting but after a refresh the
    "Trunk-allowed VLAN" is set to "ALL" every time! The problem occurs only
    with all new 2960 series switches. All old (3550 or 2950) I can set
    "Trunk-allowed VLAN" only to 4 and that works fine. Could it be, that VTP
    has corrupted my settings on the new 2960 series switches? All
    vtp-parameters looked well on these switches and VLANS are also all defined
    and active.

    Any suggestions?
    Thx Wayne

    P.S. Sorry for my bad english ;-)

    Wayne, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    It looks like that's a bug in the CNA because in the CLI I can set only
    some VLAN's but not ALL.

    Regards
    Wayne

    Wayne, Dec 4, 2006