    move phsical servers to virtual and ahve a 32bit ADS server deployed but now
    am having troubles with the tools on my virtual server, do I need to install
    another VS to get this acomplished or is there another way?

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006

  2. I'm not sure I understand. The VSMT tools are installed with any VS2k5R2
    installation, assuming you take the defaults. So they should be where they
    need to be. If you also want them on an XP Professional x64 Edition machine,
    for remoting in to the server, you can easily do a custom install and only
    install the tools.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    For me to move my physical machines to virutal I need the tools portion of
    the ADS services. Sorry, I wrote VSMT but meant to say ADS 1.1 tools only.

    Guest, Jan 23, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Joel, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Active Directory is part
    of the Server OS, and if you have the server CD, you have the tools that
    ship with it. There are 64-bit MMCs and 32-bit MMCs included.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 24, 2006