    Is it possible to save domain username/password pair in Cisco VPN client
    so users wouldn't have to enter it every time when initiating
    connection?

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 27, 2005

  2. I don't think there i a way to automate this ( although you can remove
    the username/password - although you would not want to do this ).

    Why not look at setting up a certificate server on your IAS box and
    auth with certs ?

    Rich

    Richard Sanderson, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    Yes, you're right, using vpn without authentication is not an option.
    There is just one answer to this: money. Client is not willing to pay
    time for testing and implementation of CA server/VPN so that is out of
    the question.

    That is why question was clearly focused on saving username/password
    pairs in client...

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    Answer to my own question (if anyone else is interested). Under xxx.pcf
    (xxx is connection name) it is possible to add password and save it
    there:

    [main]
    Username=user1
    SaveUserPassword=1
    UserPassword=password1

    After this in VPN client GUI, you get additional option (when doing
    right click to connection name) which says "Erase user password" or
    something like that.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 16, 2005