    Can I use the Cisco PIX VPN/Firewall bundle behind my 675?

    Qwest is being no help. They don't have a supported hardware list.

    Thanks

    Terri, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Terri

    C C Guest

    Terri, if you have a Cisco PIX capable of vpn, then I guess you need to
    enable the vpn feature of that PIX. I am not familiar with the Cisco 675
    router. You need to install a Cisco vpn client on your remote PC to make a
    vpn connection to the PIX.

    In my case, we have a Cisco vpn concentrator 3005 in our home office. I
    have DSL with D-Link router at home. I have installed the Cisco vpn client
    in my home desktop PC and my laptop. You need the Client to connect to the
    concentrator.

    C C, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Terri

    Terri Guest

    I don't have the PIX yet, I'm still shopping..

    I just got some information from another source that I would need the Cisco
    1721, the Cisco IOS IP/ADSL Plus IPSEC 3DES Complete package, and the Cisco
    SMARTnet 1 Year 8x5 Next Business Day which would give me access to the VPN
    software.

    Can anyone confirm that this setup will work with my QWEST PPPoA DSL
    service?

    Thanks

    Terri, Feb 17, 2004