VPN Say NO To Xerobank

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by DasFox, Jan 22, 2011.

  1. DasFox

    DasFox Guest

    For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
    Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!

    But I guess not...

    PEOPLE...I'd stay CLEAR of all 3 people...!

    I've been looking at VPN services out there for years...

    And then recently I've really been digging for the past 9 months...

    One of the best, as far as being real, upfront and seeing that it's
    the real deal you can trust is Bolehvpn...

    www.Bolehvpn.com

    The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
    owners participate...

    Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...

    But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
    DO NOT pass up...

    Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...

    STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,WHY...?

    Because well, LISTEN...they're known and they're a TARGET...

    PEOPLE, if you're going to be a GEEK or call yourself GEEK or TECH...

    Or dabble in my GEEK world then you need to PUT YOUR GEEK HAT on and
    start learning to think and UNDESTAND MY world.

    We're not shopping at the store here with Granny for sock hose...

    But for a product and I see people here seem to be going about all
    this just like they'd do something in the real world and it's not the
    way you want to play this game on the internet, otherwise one day it
    will BITE YOU...!...when THEY SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR...!!!!!!!!
    --
    These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
    faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my

    DasFox, Jan 22, 2011

  2. DasFox

    caspian Guest

    I have kept Cryptohippo ;) as a back-up account for a long time. They
    are excellent. Good speeds. The exit node is Germany or Spain. And
    they are a 3 hop bunny service. I use Xerobank primarily and sometimes
    Cryptohippie, and every so often I use tor if I want a different IP.
    That's what tor does. You pay for a year up front though. I think it's
    35G a month for downloading. And it is $575 for a year.

    caspian, Jan 22, 2011

  3. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    I haven't been happy with having only the Montreal-Amsterdam route.
    However, I've heard that the US nodes were taken down after complaints
    to ISPs. And I get that the xB team has been working very hard on the
    new Safehouse VM/OS, and on the new infrastructure to support it. I
    suspect that patching the old system has been a low priority.

    Although this has taken several years longer than initially promised,
    that's not at all unusual in software development. Also, based on
    discussions that I vaguely recall from the xB support forum, I believe
    that xB management/funders have requested several new features that
    have required considerable new effort. That's also not at all unusual
    in software development. Emerging privacy/security threats have driven
    some of that, I'm sure. I am doing my best to make Our Wizard look
    like a wonderful guy. ;)

    Anyway, I haven't lost my faith in xB. Consider me a fool, if you
    like. And BTW, I'm sure that our satirists on Wilders will have fun
    with this at my expense. So it goes.

    I'm too busy geolocating Frank "Ari" Camper to give six owl hoots ;0).
    And, yes, DasFox, it is software development and yes, it might take
    years too. ;)

    heirophant, Jan 23, 2011
  4. DasFox

    Galicean Guest

    None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.

    Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
    that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
    multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
    problem.

    Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
    under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
    get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.

    Galicean, Jan 23, 2011
  5. DasFox

    heirophant Guest

    Well, based on Steve's report that "USA exit nodes [were] taken
    offline during conversion to clarion network design", it appears that
    I heard wrong. I need to spend less time listening to nix and more
    time trollhunting Frank Camper-Silverstein ;)
    Also, I was unclear. What I meant was that there had been complaints
    to XeroBank's US ISP(s) -- not to XeroBank's customers' ISPs (which,
    as you note, cannot be identified by observers of exit-node traffic).
    Each XeroBank node must connect to the internet through an ISP. Of
    course, I got this from nix so...;0)

    heirophant, Jan 23, 2011
  6. DasFox

    Galicean Guest

    Garbage. Garbage for your fanbois and fangrrls. seriously its getting
    crappier than ever.....and super nonsense ......

    for those few fanbois here...... u r blinded by "love".....

    Galicean, Jan 23, 2011
  7. DasFox

    GraciasMan

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have been using XeroBank for 2 years and I LOVE them! I used HMA, PureVPN, ViperVPN, and my own Squid servers prior and I have never even considered cancelling with XB. I am not sure where you get your info, but I would say that I am somewhat of an authority on privacy matters online and have been under constant attacks by haters for several years and XeroBank has never folded, never cancelled me, never gave up my data, et al. HMA did. They folded the minute that Spamhaus threatened them, but XB did not. So, I will say you have had a negative experience that I cannot relate to (that or you are promoting a VPN that you have interest in).

    GraciasMan, Aug 27, 2012