VPN routers

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by bcwyatt65, Jun 12, 2013.

  1. bcwyatt65

    bcwyatt65 Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for a VPN terminator for a small/medium business. I need the router and client to be able to support multiple split tunnelling or be flexible enough to assign IPs/DNS/connection suffixes. I currently have a Netgear SRX5308 but it doesn't completely fulfil our needs. Can anybody recommend anything?

    Further expansion.

    I have an VPN IPSec tunnel coming in, this has 18 SA's assigned to it corresponding to mobile SIMs in the field.
    I would like for my staff in the field to be able to access this router viaa 'client' I'm not too worried what the client is as long as its stable and works on 64bit computers.
    I have tried the Cisco Anyconnect and it isn't stable enough on 64bit windows, and the netgear system is just too flaky.

    I would like to be able to assign split-tunnelling to the VPN Client so that only certain address ranges are passed down the tunnel. ie. 175.19.x.x 10..10.5.x 10.15.3.x etc. It appears that only the Cisco client supports this,correct? The netgear or shrew clients don't.

    An alternative method would be full tunnel as long as I can assign the dns connection suffix so requests for our SIMs domain are passed to a difference DNS server.

    SSL VPNs are an option but they too need to play nice with different versions of windows, browsers, etc.

    Any suggestions for a suitable device?

    Regards

    Ben

    bcwyatt65, Jun 12, 2013