    the second ethernet port will be for the LAN. The connection between the
    cisco devices and the adsl will be using nat, im just wondering if this will
    be any problem for me or will nat-t do it's magic here ?

    Ali, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Ali

    Ali Guest

    initially it will be just 2 sites, 1 branch office with the cisco 831, and 1
    head end router at hq, a cisco1721. i don't want slpit tunneling at either
    end, the tunnel between the sites will be IPsec/GRE.

    im concerned that these two cisco devices the 1721 and the 831 may not be
    able to do an IPSec tunnel because they are not directly connected to the
    internet eg. by an adsl wic, but instead their connection to the internet
    will be given by a 3rd party ( nokia ), adsl router. Will having the third
    party adsl router cause me problems ?
    or do i need to use adsl wic's ?

    Thanks, hope this is helpful.
    Ali

    Ali, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Ali

    chris Guest

    I am a little confused. Are you saying you have many sites that will
    have LAN 2 LAN tunnels using GRE/IPSEC and at each site there will be
    split tunneling to the internet?

    chris, Nov 5, 2003