VPN concentrator 3005 problem with certificates

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RJ45, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. RJ45

    RJ45 Guest

    Hello,
    I Wanted to use user autentication based on certificates.
    ACcording to
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/
    products_configuration_example09186a00800946f3.shtml

    the VPN concentrator should have a identity certificate installed.
    THere is no way to install it...
    I tryed with enrollment but I always got this error:

    Error generating request: Unable to write certificate request file.

    there is no way to import a certificate on the VPN box ?
    how to fix the problem ?

    thanks

    Rick

    RJ45, Jul 22, 2004

  2. RJ45

    Rik Bain Guest

    Are you having other problems wrting to flash? What version are you
    running? 4.1 had/has some problems with the 3005 flash fs if upgraded
    from previous versions.

    Just a guess,

    Rik

    Rik Bain, Jul 23, 2004

  3. RJ45

    RJ45 Guest

    hi,
    I had 4.1 but I downgraded to 4.0
    as well I have problems anyway, it won;t write to flash
    it will give out a write error...
    any way to fix it ?
    thanks!!

    Rick

    RJ45, Jul 23, 2004
  4. RJ45

    Rik Bain Guest

    Not sure if you still have this issue (I missed your reply):

    4.1 has an option to reformat the flash fs. You need to do it via telnet.

    Dont forget to save your config first.

    Rik Bain

    Rik Bain, Aug 12, 2004