VPN between WIN2K server and PIX515 INSIDE interface??

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Eldridge, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Eldridge

    Eldridge Guest

    Hi

    I've been trying to setup a secure tunnel (VPN) between a Win2K server
    and our PIX 515 firewall. I did find lots of helpful documentation
    here ...

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800b12b5.shtml

    and

    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q252/7/35.ASP

    but, its not exactly what i want to do. I want to setup a VPN between
    our internal Win2K server and the INSIDE interface of our PIX firewall
    (not crossing the internet at all - all inside). There is a router
    and a radio link in between) The VPN should terminate in the PIX and
    give the subnet clients who connects to the Win2K server as a gateway
    access to the internet via the PIX. All i want is a secure channel
    from that subnet to the inside of the PIX and then give them certain
    rights on the PIX to access the net, email, etc, etc. All the
    examples i found is VPN setup between the Win2K server on networkA
    crossing a perimer router on the net and connecting to the OUTSIDE
    interface of the PIX to connect to networkB.

    Can this be done? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

    Eldridge, Feb 2, 2004

  2. :but, its not exactly what i want to do. I want to setup a VPN between
    :eek:ur internal Win2K server and the INSIDE interface of our PIX firewall
    :(not crossing the internet at all - all inside). There is a router
    :and a radio link in between) The VPN should terminate in the PIX and
    :give the subnet clients who connects to the Win2K server as a gateway
    :access to the internet via the PIX.

    Not a problem -- just apply the crypto map to the inside interface
    instead of the outside interface, and on the W2K side, have the
    peer be the inside IP address.

    I have tested with the VPN client between a computer and the
    inside interface of a 501 at the same time I had a site-to-site
    tunnel running on the outside interface of the 501. Worked fine.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 2, 2004