VPN 3030 and OSPF configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ktrivedi, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. ktrivedi

    ktrivedi Guest

    Current Configuration:
    -----------------------

    VPN_Concentrator_3030_Public_Interface -----> 6509 (vlan int 999)
    VPN_Concentrator_3030_Private_Interface ------> 6509 (vlan int 888)

    We are not following Cisco's symantic of public, private and external
    interfaces suggested in documentation.

    Private interface is only used for Managemnt.

    5 groups are configured on Concentrator. Aggregate block is
    172.31.0.0/24

    Static route is installed on 6509.
    # ip route 172.31.0.0 255.255.255.0 PUBLIC_INTERFACE_OF_CONCENTRATOR

    Everything works.

    Desired Configuration:
    -----------------------
    We would like to have OSPF between 6509 and Concentrator, instead of
    using static routes.
    Enabled OSPF on PUBLIC_INTERFACE_OF_CONCENTRATOR.
    Reverse Route Ijection: is setup properly and have
    172.31.0.0/255.255.255.0 in hold down routes.

    Problem:
    --------
    OSPF is up between 6509 and PUBLIC_INTERFACE_OF_CONCENTRATOR.
    Concentrator gets all the Routes from 6509.
    But, Concentrator is NOT feeding 172.31.0.0/24 routes in OSPF. Thus
    6509 is NOT seeing 172.31.0.0/24 routes from Concentrator.

    Any pointers would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    ktrivedi, Apr 8, 2005

  2. ktrivedi

    rave Guest

    rave, Apr 9, 2005

  3. I do have all params. configured. 'sh ip ospf nei' on 6509 give me
    Concentrator as ospf neighbour.
    Also VPN_Concentrator gets all the routes from 6509.

    But, Concentrator is NOT able to feed ip block (used by groups defined
    on concentrator) into OSPF area.

    Thanks.

    kunal trivedi, Apr 9, 2005