    conflict items or ...

    I hope that gives the idea. So, does such a program exist? If not,
    would anyone else have a desire for that kind of product?

    Matt Silberstein, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Matt Silberstein

    Mike Henley Guest

    Hi Matt,

    I spent the last 4 years of my life learning several
    scripting/programming languages and one of the most important things I
    learnt eventually is that if there is a simpler way to do something
    then that is usually the better one. By this I mean it's often far
    easier and more productive to do something with pen and paper, or a
    simple spreadsheet, than to make a custom software for it. This is
    actually one of the key points of the "extreme programming" method.

    If you don't find such software, See if you can do it with pen and
    paper, or see if you can do it with a generic software like a
    spreadsheet or a simple database.

    If you must do it, consider PHP/SQL and sf.net will be of some help.

    Mike Henley, Jul 8, 2004

  3. I agree with the general principle. Sure, I could do it with paper.
    But I actually felt like programming and wanted to fill a niche if it
    was not filled. Also, we have a space problem in our tiny NYC apt, so
    anything that does not make paper is a good thing. (Yes, a spreadsheet
    would work, but there are other personal issues there.)
    I was going to use Perl rather than PHP. Just a taste issue. And make
    it local rather than server based. But thanks.

    Matt Silberstein, Jul 8, 2004