Voting is an American Privilege; do you plan on exercising that right? Why or Why not ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sohaib Saleem, May 23, 2004.

  1. Voting is an American Privilege; do you plan on exercising that right?
    Why or Why not ?

    Sohaib Saleem, May 23, 2004

  2. That's strange. I've seen people voting in Spain, Cyprus and India
    among other places is the last few months. Then again voting in the
    U.S. is different because the guy with the least votes gets to be
    president.
    What right?
    Because as a U.S. legal resident I have all the joy of paying income
    tax, property tax, sales tax, social security, etc. and then have no
    say whatsoever about how any of it is spent. Talk about taxation
    without representation.

    BTW, what problem do you have?

    The Great Cornholio, May 23, 2004

  3. Sohaib Saleem

    Billh Guest

    In the US the candidate for President that gets the most electoral votes
    wins. The popular vote has no meaning.

    Did you point out the guy with the least votes gets to President because you
    were not aware of the Electoral College or you are hoping those that went to
    school in our liberal run school system did not get taught this fact?

    Billh, May 24, 2004
  4. Sohaib Saleem

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    voting is a democratic right, not a privilege.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 24, 2004
  5. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    michael turner, May 24, 2004
  6. Sohaib Saleem

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Incorrect. Voting is a privilege, not a right. If, for example, you commit
    certain crimes, you lose your privilege to vote. Anything that can be
    revoked is a privilege, not a right.

    Toolman Tim, May 24, 2004
  7. Sohaib Saleem

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    U.S. Constitution 15th amendment:

    "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or
    abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or
    previous condition of servitude"

    -a|ex (are ex-cons protected by the U.S. Constitution?)

    127.0.0.1, May 24, 2004
  8. Sohaib Saleem

    Sohaib Saleem

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Pakistan, Islamabad
    I just want to say that on voting day if you are not voting then you are sleeping and you are also not allowed to comment on after maths because you are not owning a process.

    Sohaib Saleem,
    PAK.

    Sohaib Saleem, Nov 3, 2008