Vote for the October Scapegoat!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigal, Sep 16, 2005.

?

Can you narrow your selection for the October Forum Scapegoat to just one member?

1. Sure can - my selection has been a real pain in the...

100.0%
  2. Well, if I don't get hurt in the process, this person is very deserving of the title...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know. There are so many to chose from.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I can't make up my mind. Can I be the scapegoat?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

unholy

I like chicks... and chicken... and hot chicks... therefore the magnet is in correct polarizeation or it is not working... :p no advanced technical terms Modfather :p

unholy, Oct 7, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

XhArD

no, like I said, you have your two seperate magnetic properties. Let's just say you are (N) Brain, but (S) torso/limbs. In this way, we can conclusively explain your so called "malfunctioning" magnetic properties :p Assuming of course that Females are (S), this would explain why in your mind, you are attracted to females. Since your limbs are (S), as are Females entire beings, they are not attracted to your physical appearance. In Females' minds, they have different magnetic forces: In Public = (S) and In Private = (N). This means that though they will not admit it, they are deeply attracted to your brain/intelligence. :p as your (S) Magnetic force is more powerful than your (N) force, since you have a larger (S) magnet, the repelling power is stronger than the pulling power of your (N). If you followed correctly, you will understand now. If not, I will explain in a more straightforward manner: You're physical appearance is not a strong point, and though they may not admit it, your intelligence IS. Unfortunately, your appearance drives them off before your intelligence can rope them in :p.
    College Thesis by Ross Ponting

XhArD, Oct 7, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

unholy

so what ur trying to say is i have good looking family jewels :|.... i dont want u looking!!!
    "You're physical appearance is not a strong point" i wouldn't be a hipocrite :p

unholy, Oct 7, 2005
  4. bigal

The Modfather

Right, um, sure thing man...
    We have ongoing research in phenomenology and fundamental theory of magnetic materials, in granular form, in multilayers with nonmagnetic metals, and at low temperatures as impurities on surfaces.
    Granular magnetic materials with significant anisotropy, exchange, and dipolar interactions can form the basis for a magnetic media, and the interplay between these interactions can lead to complex and interesting behavior at domain boundaries and as a function of time with thermal decay. For certain disordered alloys at low temperatures we predict the formation of a so-called Griffiths phase, which gives rise to power-law behavior for many of the magnetic and electronic properties, and which can form an explanation for the existence of non-Fermi liquid behavior in these materials.
    We have models for spin polarized transport in magnetic materials which predicts a canting of the magnetization at the interface, and transition to possible spin density waves at higher currents. In contrast with the GMR effect, in which magnetization affects resistance and hence current, our theories predict that a current can affect magnetization. Recently these theoretical predictions have been observed in a number of experiments, in particular those involving point contact geometries which are able to achieve high current densities.
    The tunneling spectrum of individual magnetic impurities on the surface of a superconductor has been measured by the experimental team of Yazdani, Eigler, et al. We have a theory which describes the tunneling anomalies seen, using a model system of local magnetic quantum wells for the impurities. The theory reproduces quantitatively the observed tunneling spectra and explains their behavior in terms of the successive binding of particles and holes as exchange coupling is increased.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or, to put it another way..
    Duh?

The Modfather, Oct 7, 2005
  5. bigal

bigal

Hey....

....some of those calculations came from my master's final project! How did you get ahold of them? I'm going to sue. I'm going to sue, I am. :fight:

bigal, Oct 7, 2005
  6. bigal

unholy

i sold them too him :p
    i had to figure out if i could use Magnets to compress liquid nitrogen :p....

unholy, Oct 7, 2005
  7. bigal

The Modfather

You have a masters in mathematics?
    Cool, could you do me a favor. Explain Kirchkoffs theorum to me again, I keep forgetting.

The Modfather, Oct 8, 2005
  8. bigal

RObErT_RaTh

(In the words of Dr Evil) How bout no scott

RObErT_RaTh, Oct 8, 2005
  9. bigal

The Modfather

Bah.. Dr. Evil is a wanker. :)

The Modfather, Oct 8, 2005
  10. bigal

bigal

What is 2+2 anyway?

No, I have a Masters in Electrical Engineering.  I barely passed the differential equations class.  I even had to take pre-calculus before taking the regular calculus course.  Math was tough for me.  
    Getting back to your request though, Kirchkoff had a bunch of laws, not just a single generic theorem.  However, here something that is analogous to the proof of Kirchoff's Matrix-Tree Theorem due to Chaiken:  http://www.math.umn.edu/~reiner/Papers/Pfafftree.pdf.  Happy reading! :bored:

bigal, Oct 8, 2005
  11. bigal

unholy

i have a masters in software engineering :p (nah just kidding ya, though i an pretty good)

unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  12. bigal

The Modfather

Hmmm, that site just locked up my browser, had to kill the process manually. Weird.
    I actually read a couple of books on Kirchkoff's work in college. Though I don't have any degrees in anything related to that. (CS and Psychology).

The Modfather, Oct 9, 2005
  13. bigal

unholy

PDF's sometimes lock up in FF(Firefox

unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  14. bigal

XhArD

ill be expecting my cpu + status symbol to arrive either tomorrow or the day after :)

XhArD, Oct 9, 2005
  15. bigal

unholy

cool :D

unholy, Oct 9, 2005
  16. bigal

bigal

Don't Forget....

.....we want a picture of your surprise item. :beer:

bigal, Oct 9, 2005
  17. bigal

XhArD

ill have to take to school and get unholy to bring his camera, otherwise you'll only get a crappy quality webcam screenshot :p

XhArD, Oct 9, 2005
  18. bigal

XhArD

Stuff arrived :) No pics yet, but I can tell you people what the 'surprise' was. :) Maximum PC Visor! One thing though... IO thought you said it WOULDN'T lower your status at school? :|

XhArD, Oct 10, 2005
  19. bigal

unholy

maybe u need to mod it with some neons and stuff :D

unholy, Oct 10, 2005
  20. bigal

bigal

You will be one of only a select few....

....to wear the coveted Maximum PC visor. All modders will bow to your feet when you pass. Try it on Unholy and see how he reacts. :adore:

bigal, Oct 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question