Vote for the October Scapegoat!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigal, Sep 16, 2005.

?

Can you narrow your selection for the October Forum Scapegoat to just one member?

  1. Sure can - my selection has been a real pain in the...

    100.0%
  2. Well, if I don't get hurt in the process, this person is very deserving of the title...

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know. There are so many to chose from.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I can't make up my mind. Can I be the scapegoat?

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah, but how many pc modders go to my school? and even if there were tons, how many of them would be chicks? Not many, I'd imagine.

    XhArD, Oct 10, 2005

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    We don't admit our.....

    ....affection for modding in public. We only expose ourselves in the forums. Some of the cutest chicks I've met are actually modders..... :handkiss:

    bigal, Oct 10, 2005

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey man, if you don't want the MPC visor, I'll take it, I'm a subscriber and even I don't have one. Darned Australians, don't know a good thing when you see it. :) Of course, I wouldn't use it to attract chicks, I'd use it to block out the glare of my uber-cool mods. :)

    The Modfather, Oct 10, 2005
  4. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I never said I didn't like it, I was just pointing out that no one ELSE would like it :p Around here anyway.

    XhArD, Oct 10, 2005
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Did you get the....

    ....picture taken yet? What's taking so long? Regarding attraction, I didn't exactly say chicks would flock to you. Like an electromagnetic, you've got to turn them on.... :p

    bigal, Oct 10, 2005
  6. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No pics yet, don't have a camera, and I'm too lazy to take a screenshot with my webcam :p

    XhArD, Oct 10, 2005
  7. bigal

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Re: We don't admit our.....

    They are just saying that, they are really 55 years old ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Oct 10, 2005
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol good one Rob :D
    ... we have a chick modder here, not much of a poster but still here :D...
    PS, over here we dont get MPC magz :p

    unholy, Oct 10, 2005
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You could...

    ....check out their forums. I've been a member for some time. Look for Bigal and the Sun X-Terminal mod. Maximum PC is the best computer magazine, or at least on equal setting with CPU magazine. PC Extreme was great too until they went into receivership a few months ago.
    What magazines do you get in Australia? Got some links? :p

    bigal, Oct 11, 2005
  10. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know who to blame for laziness....

    ....need I say more?
    Let's see. I wrap the items on a Sunday, mail the package first class on a Monday, and it arrives the following Monday. Now it's Tuesday in Australia, and still there isn't sufficient energy to take that photo. Hmmmm....who can we blame for this???? :ball:

    bigal, Oct 11, 2005
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You know who to blame... And this time it's actually appropriate. Take the pics you lazy twit! :)
    MPC and CPU are the two big mags over here in the US, I swear by 'em. CPU puts out a quarterly PC Modder mag too that's sort fo the Bible for PC Modding. I've been in that one (issue #2) myself. I'm Speshul. :)

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  12. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    hehe, i tried to take a photo but my webcam driver keeps uninstalling itself. Seems to have some conflict with the TV Tuner card, keeps changing to the TV Tuner, I change it back, no workies. Maybe I'll end up getting a pic of it from unholy or something later.

    XhArD, Oct 11, 2005
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    No stealing other sayings :p
    Ova here the PCPower Play, APC, and PC Authority... i dont really know because i aint got enough money to get a subscription :p

    unholy, Oct 11, 2005
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Are those extreme PC mags or just your normal PC mags, like PC World over here. We've got run of the mill mags, the kind that appeal to either corporate types with no clue or hobbiests who are new to computers, then we've got CPU and MPC, which are serious enthusiasts mags.
    And since when is "lazy twit" someone else's saying?

    The Modfather, Oct 11, 2005
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    XhArD, I thought you might like to see....

    ....a picture of your Athlon XP 2000+ in the flesh, sorta speak:
    [​IMG]
    :wave:  :wave:  :wave:

    bigal, Oct 12, 2005
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    do i get the pink thing :D... as well as the White Socket? :D

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Pink? Dude, get yer eyes checked, that's definately purple.

    The Modfather, Oct 12, 2005
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope.

    That's a shim boys, and it can save your die from those nasty heat sinks if you don't have a steady hand when installing them. This one is purple, and no, it wasn't sent along with the CPU. I've used these shims a few times, but not all the time. It really depends on which heat sink I'm going to mount. :?

    bigal, Oct 12, 2005
  19. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    And I bet yu someone's thinking of blaming me because he didn't get a purple shim, right? Well too bad, I'm going on holiday and the deputy scapegoat can take my place for a while. Congratulations Rath! :p

    XhArD, Oct 12, 2005
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I would lik to take a second and point of the ho ho's (otherwise known as breasts) in big als picture!...
    And no theres no problem ROss because i dont need a Shim... i am water cooling :p

    unholy, Oct 12, 2005