    recommend? It seems to be pretty good, but can't find many reviews
    about it.

    Thanks

    nicky.schroder, Nov 15, 2005

  2. nicky.schroder

    Neil Guest

    I've got an XS-Drive Super VP6210. I've only had it a few weeks, and
    haven't really used it to any great extent. It seems to work well
    enough. My main reason for buying it was to back up photos when away
    from a PC, and it seems to work fine for this. Takes most sorts of
    memory cards and doesn't need an external power supply.

    Cons: Display of photos onto TV is just a blow up of what you see on the
    LCD screen, not very good, although you can just about make out what
    it's a picture of! Mine is a rebadged version and I can't use the
    Vosonic firmware upgrade to enable it to display Canon RAW files. I did
    get it quite a bit cheaper than the Vosonic original, so I suppose I
    shouldn't complain.

    Plays MP3s, etc., although a lot bulkier than most 'normal' MP3 players.

    Regards

    Neil, Nov 15, 2005

  3. nicky.schroder

    Pete D Guest

    I have a 3310 and it works perfectly well, drop a card in and hit the copy
    button, a little slower than I would like but seems very reliable. I am
    seriously looking at a 6230 but I might wait for the model after because I
    think there will be even better compatibility with RAW file types.

    Pete D, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Great. Thanks for the information.

    nicky.schroder, Nov 16, 2005
  5. nicky.schroder

    eawckyegcy Guest

    It's crap. The Compact Drive PD7X (or PD70X, if you are in North
    America and can obtain it) is _vastly_ superior in all the ways that
    matter.

    eawckyegcy, Nov 16, 2005
  6. nicky.schroder

    eawckyegcy Guest

    Should have googled first and posted, instead of posting then googling.

    http://hyperdrive.com/shop/index.php

    Various note that the differences are cosmetic. Whee! I'll be
    ordering one in a few moments.

    eawckyegcy, Nov 16, 2005
  7. Bart van der Wolf, Nov 17, 2005
  8. nicky.schroder

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Firmware upgrades are not necessary with such a unit.

    Alfred Molon, Nov 17, 2005
  9. The Epson P-2000 has received firmware upgrades....

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 17, 2005
  10. nicky.schroder

    Alfred Molon Guest

    And... ? If the unit performs well, why do you need to change the
    firmware ?

    Alfred Molon, Nov 18, 2005
  11. In one of the updates, the file size limit for JPEG files was increased
    from around 8MB to around 16MB, and other small enhancements were made
    (e.g. more RAW file formats supported). The Epson P-2000 does far more
    than just storing images - you can display videos and use it as a
    slideshow device between friends.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 18, 2005
  12. Hmmm... that one looks pretty good too! So many decisions!

    Thanks for all the responses tho. A great help.

    nicky.schroder, Nov 18, 2005
  13. nicky.schroder

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Maybe you are confusing the Vosonic XS 2 with another unit. The Vosonic
    does not "support" RAW file formats - it simply copies the content of
    the memory card to the HDD, without caring about file formats and sizes.
    This is a unit which needs no firmware upgrades.

    Alfred Molon, Nov 20, 2005
  14. nicky.schroder

    Guillaume Guest

    Guillaume, Nov 23, 2005
  15. I didn't see the beginning of this thread, but I have a Vosonic XS
    Drive. I bought it off of Ebay cheap and put in a drive. I think a lot
    will depend on the drive you put in (or comes with the unit). But to
    give an example of my use:

    We went on vacation last week. Every night I downloaded pictures form
    my memory cards (I have Compact Flash, my daughter has XD - bought a
    cheap XD to Memory Stick adapter to use with the unit). Because I was
    doing this nightly, I used the AC so I don't know how the battery does
    (I prefer not risking having the battery die mid-copy anyway). I left
    the pictures on the cards because I had enough space and was just using
    the XS Drive as backup.

    I kept the XS Drive in the static wrapper it came in. I wrapped it in a
    t-short and put it on my bag that I was carrying on the plane. The bus
    driver to the plane (I decided to let him put the bag in the bus) just
    tossed the bag in. We went through security and got a shuttle to where
    we parked our car. Again the driver just tossed the bag into the van.

    When we got home, the drive worked perfectly. No lost pictures
    everything was fine. So though it wasn't a drop, the device took some
    banging around.

    Hope that helps some,

    Steve

    Steven Feinstein, Nov 26, 2005
  16. nicky.schroder

    Father Kodak Guest

    Steve,

    Aside from the disk drive, are there any moving parts? I think it was
    the drive that came through OK despite the banging around.

    Father Kodak

    Father Kodak, Nov 26, 2005