    So.....I have vonage and I'd really rather use that service instead of
    going through verizon. Is there a way to hook a VOIP service to a
    phone jack and have a dial tone?

    beck767, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Why not just have a separate phone for your door buzzer, and use Vonage for
    everything else? Hopefully, the door buzzer system doesn't actually need
    the phone to be in service.

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Oct 5, 2004

  3. beck767

    Guest Guest

    When I moved to Vonage I pulled the plug at the NIC and plugged the
    Motorola ATA device into a spare phone jack to connect it to my NINE
    devices (aka phone) and one device (aka answering machine).

    No problem with their operation - ringing and other features!

    Guest, Oct 5, 2004