Vonage: What DSCP or ToS Values?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Cheetoh, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Cheetoh

    Cheetoh Guest

    Cheetoh, Aug 17, 2004

  2. You mean the RTP packets that actually carry th g.711 encoded voice
    traffic? Dunno. Why not just run ethereal and look at the packates and
    see for yourself?

    (you got me curious - i'm going to do exactly that with my vonage ata186
    when I get home tonight)

    T. Sean Weintz, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Cheetoh

    Cheetoh Guest

    Cheetoh, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Cheetoh

    Cheetoh Guest

    So it turns out that the current firmware Vonage is using on the
    Cisco ATA186's has a bug that puts a 0x0
    value in the IP Precedence field, so instead of sending voip bearer
    packets with an IP Precendence 5 they
    are sent with 0, like all data. I have worked with them and they
    have loaded a test image and it works
    like a champ now and my LLQ is working great in case any one else is
    trying to do this...

    LLQ-router# show voice queuing

    Ethernet1

    Service-policy output: shape

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
    365625 packets, 66899306 bytes
    30 second offered rate 591000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: any
    Traffic Shaping
    Target/Average Byte Sustain Excess Interval
    Increment
    Rate Limit bits/int bits/int (ms)
    (bytes)
    1100000/1100000 6600 26400 26400 24 3300

    Adapt Queue Packets Bytes Packets Bytes
    Shaping
    Active Depth Delayed Delayed
    Active
    - 3 361289 66615027 11338 13704219 yes

    Service-policy : LLQ

    Class-map: call-setup (match-all)
    5675 packets, 1804013 bytes
    30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: ip precedence 3
    Queueing
    Output Queue: Conversation 73
    Bandwidth 5 (%)
    Bandwidth 55 (kbps) Max Threshold 64 (packets)
    (pkts matched/bytes matched) 25/8990
    (depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0

    Class-map: voice (match-all)
    129981 packets, 18261798 bytes
    30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: ip precedence 5
    Queueing
    Strict Priority
    Output Queue: Conversation 72
    Bandwidth 165 (kbps) Burst 4125 (Bytes)
    (pkts matched/bytes matched) 1349/279958
    (total drops/bytes drops) 0/0

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
    229969 packets, 46833495 bytes
    30 second offered rate 592000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: any
    Queueing
    Flow Based Fair Queueing
    Maximum Number of Hashed Queues 64
    (total queued/total drops/no-buffer drops) 3/0/0

    Cheetoh, Aug 21, 2004
  5. So, are they going to make the flash available to whoever
    wants/needs it? Is there a good point of contact for firmware
    issues?

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Cheetoh

    Cheetoh Guest

    Cheetoh, Aug 21, 2004
  7. Thanks for this. After your messages, I emailed them and was
    told that they flashed my 186 with the new firmware this
    morning.

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Sep 1, 2004