  1. Thinking of getting vonage instead of my isp's offering, optimum voice. Has
    anyone else done this? Curious if Cablevision will interfere with Vonage,
    considering they are a competitor running over their network.

    Farty McBride, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Farty McBride

    Bill Zink Guest

    I don't think it's an issue. I've been using Packet8 with Optonline
    for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes have sound quality problems during the
    evening. Other times of the day it works fine. Could be that the net
    traffic is too high during the evening as people are home from
    work/school. If you get Vonage, let me know how it works, especially
    during evening hours.

    Bill Zink, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Farty McBride

    Sparky Guest

    Friend of mine has had Vonage with Optonline for over a year now, since
    she heard how good mine sounds on RoadRunner. She's had no problems
    whatsoever. They started offering Cablevision's VoIP here around 3
    months ago. Another friend has that. He likes it but it's no different
    in quality and performance than there is with Vonage. I don't think
    they'd dare block ports for Vonage, would smack of antitrust.

    Sparky, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Farty McBride

    Bill Zink Guest

    I switched from Packet8 to Voicepulse a few days ago. Much better sound quality.

    Bill Zink, Jan 23, 2004