    flip Guest

    If I sign up with Vonage, will I be able to make long distance calls to
    anyone else in the USA for free? Or just to other Vonage users?

    flip, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Supposed to be anyone else.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 19, 2004

  3. If you have a decent connection, yes. The problem with Vonage, when I used
    it, was that it always sounded the same as when you are on a cell phone with
    spotty service. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to hear every third word, or
    so, being said. Also, while you're on your Vonage connection...you don't
    want anyone in the house using internet access.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jul 19, 2004
  4. also, you have to think about the other side of the phone - in order for you
    to have a fixed number
    at which others could call you, you have to sign up for a separate service
    (i.e., MORE MONEY)

    Artless Malefactor, Jul 25, 2004
  5. flip

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Artless Malefactor"
    huh? That's part of the Vonage service, inbound and outbound calls to
    the PSTN network.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 17, 2004
  6. flip

    charlie3 Guest

    the vonage box has the ability to reserve the bandwidth it needs
    during a call if it is wired between the modem and the router. I run
    vonage at 50kbs, 1/4 of my usual upload speed and no one knows they
    are talking to me on VOIP unless i tell them.

    charlie3, Aug 18, 2004