Vonage Problem

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Tom Willey, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Tom Willey

    Tom Willey Guest

    I took delivery of my Vonage Cisco ATA about two weeks ago. Everything is
    great EXCEPT that when I use the ATA for a call (incoming or outgoing.)
    Which, given that why I bought it is a bit of a shame. Periodically, the
    caller at the other end hears a click and then loses my voice for about
    10-15s. Then my voice come back as normal. The incoming voice is perfect
    throughout.

    The support guys at Vonage (Rich) have been great and have been trying to
    help but no success yet.

    Initially, most of the suspicion was towards my router, SMC Barricade
    2404WBR. We connected the ATA directly to my modem bypassing the router and
    the problem persists.

    My core connection is now the ATA connected to Toshiba cable mode PCX1100U.
    My ISP is Comcast (previously AT&T previously @home)

    Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

    Best regards,
    Tom

    Tom Willey, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Tom Willey

    Sparky Guest

    Glad that you found the VoIP forum on dslreports. Looks like you're getting
    good advice there too.

    Sparky, Jul 27, 2003