    Is the VT1005v any good for other service providers such as
    iconnecthere.com ? Can it be re-configured to work with systems other
    than Vonage? It looks somewhat proprietary.

    mike, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Today, I was tempted to purchase this unit from a local Circuit City. It
    carried a price tag of US$100 - US$50 rebate (final price is about US$50).
    I am pretty sure the US$50 requires an activation of the product. On the
    package, it also said the product is also a router, but did not mention if
    the router has a NAT built-in.

    root/administrator, Apr 6, 2004

  3. mike

    Vman Guest

    I been trying to do the same. I bought one at Best Buy (89.95 - 50
    rebate) on 4/27/04. Basically use port 2 for FWD. I've tried http://
    access to no avail. I've also talked to Vonage about unlocking the
    Vt1005v for use with others. There tech support didn't no any better.
    Telnet might be an option. Anyone else trying. I didn'y get service
    yet so I'm going to try and tear it apart.

    Vman, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Does not the rebate requires for an activation?

    root/administrator, Apr 29, 2004
  5. mike

    Vman Guest

    No...Give them $89.95. They hand you the box and a $50 rebate form.

    Vman, Apr 30, 2004