    Mr Corbett Guest

    If I had vonage & an asterisk server could I setup a call manager system
    with DDI numbers (e.g. from vonage) ?

    Mr Corbett, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Yes, I don't know if Vonage will sell you a DDI range, Gradwell will.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Mr Corbett

    Mr Corbett Guest

    No, I mean I will setup multiple accounts with areas codes I require.

    Mr Corbett, Aug 16, 2005
  4. problem 1 - will Vonage release you the necessary information to set
    up a Vonage account on an Asterisk server or indeed any piece of
    hardware not supplied by them.

    I fear the answer is "no way".

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 16, 2005
  5. From their TOS:
    " c. Unauthorized Usage

    Customer may not program the Number into any equipment or
    infrastructure in or on which the number is intended or used as the
    origination or destination of a communication other than the Device
    that was provided by Vonage."

    If you're looking for a paid unlimited calls service:

    http://www.justdialvoip.com/pages/jdvoiplite.asp

    Have such a service which will work with asterisk (I've not tried them
    so can't comment on quality), but you'd need to get your phone number
    range from someone else. (sipgate?).

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Mr Corbett

    Mr Corbett Guest