    cjd Guest

  2. cjd

    David Floyd Guest

    David Floyd, Jun 3, 2005

  3. cjd

    keymaster Guest

    Hi
    as you can see from my previous posts I was a big voipfone fan, and vocally
    so. but after a telephone conversation with them last month I asked them to
    close my account. however they decided this package builder was so good they
    signed me up for another month.
    other than being a couple of quid cheaper I cannot see any difference.
    I went into my account and clicked on the "package builder" icon, now I may
    well be mistaken and a complete idiot, but i can see no way to "build a
    package" I cant seem to add any of the many functions they are advertising
    on that "press release".
    I wish voipfone all the best with their great ideas as ideas go they are
    great, but they have been promising them "next week" for so long many of us
    feel we have been made complete fools of.
    best wishes
    Roy

    keymaster, Jun 3, 2005
  4. cjd

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    Glad I'm not the only pedant in London ;-).

    Paul DS

    Paul D.Smith, Jun 3, 2005
  5. cjd

    David Floyd Guest

    (Please take note of footnote)
    I'm nowhere near London.

    DF

    David Floyd, Jun 3, 2005
  6. cjd

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    I was waiting for this to see what it would give as options (I want a
    basic service with as cheap calls as possible). I notice they have SMS
    but there's no mention of an SMSC... if you can't send via asterisk
    it's not really that useful to me (I want it for server uptime/failure
    notifications).

    It's not really 'build a package' more like 'here is the package.. do
    you want fries with that?'.

    Tony

    Tony Hoyle, Jun 3, 2005
  7. cjd

    Mark Guest

    On the assumption that 'cjd' is Colin Duffy (CEO of Inet Telecoms,
    trading as Voipfone) it would be good if he would consider joining in
    some of the debate here.....

    Or perhaps nominating someone on his behalf.

    Mark, Jun 3, 2005
  8. cjd

    dexter Guest

    Just what difference dose it make David providing the given number IS
    correct? you are just being bloody fussy I personally would sooner see
    London numbers presented in the way .

    dexter, Jun 3, 2005
  9. cjd

    dexter Guest

    At least with VOIPFONE you CAN be 100% certain of picking up the phone
    and being able to make a call which you cannot be with one voip
    provider no names mentioned .

    dexter, Jun 3, 2005
  10. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    100%..? Are you sure..? Nothing is 100% certain except death and taxes..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  11. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In the way what..?!

    There is one way and one way only to present a London number and that is
    020 <space> local number. The 7 or 8 (and now 3) at the start of the
    number is *not* part of the code, end of story..!

    It *does* make a difference how the number is presented, haven't you read
    any of the thread in uk.telecom on this very topic..?! (See "BBC News -
    New 0203 numbers for Londoners")

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  12. cjd

    dexter Guest

    If you are saying This <(0207 043 5559> is wrong then I agree with you
    Ivor it should be "020 7043 5559" .

    dexter, Jun 4, 2005
  13. Does it realy matter ?

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 4, 2005
  14. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    *** YES..!! ***

    See the thread mentioned above in uk.telecom - it is *vital* - a
    mis-represented number could result in mis-routed and/or lost calls. My
    London Sipgate number is 020 7043 xxxx - spaced the wrong way it could
    give the impression that only the last 7 digits are required for a local
    call originated in London. Try dialling "043 xxxx" in London and see what
    happens, if anything.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  15. cjd

    Don Carter Guest

    ***NO..!!***

    Don Carter, Jun 4, 2005
  16. cjd

    David Floyd Guest

    So why did you say I was being *bloody fussy* then?

    David Floyd, Jun 4, 2005
  17. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Please explain. And please trim..!!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  18. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    You misread. *I* didn't say that, dexter did.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 4, 2005
  19. cjd

    David Floyd Guest

    Ivor, you're the one who's misread. LOOK AGAIN. It was dexter's post I
    was replying to. Why should you think it was addressed to you? My reply
    was immediately after dexter's comment.

    DF

    David Floyd, Jun 4, 2005
  20. cjd

    John Guest

    Lilliput went to war over whether opening a boiled egg at the pointy or
    round end was right. I am sure the human condition will allow other wars
    on whether opening a boiled egg should be by "bashing and pealing off
    the shell" or "using a spoon and digging in first".

    Become sensible and use the method you prefer. There *IS* no correct
    way.

    John, Jun 4, 2005