    Firefly? Or could I sign up using a Win XP system and then export my
    personal settings to the other Win98SE softphone?

    - Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh Franc Zabkar:

    SIP Discount and VoIP Stunt, two of their other VoIP Services are accessable
    with 3rd party software and ATAs.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Franc Zabkar

    molloyjoe Guest

    Voipbuster:is also accessible though other sip and iax complient
    softphones and ATA's - xTen Lite is my personal favourite for SIP.

    Settings:
    SIP Proxy:sip.voipbuster.com
    Registrar Proxy: sip.voipbuster.com
    Username: yourvoipbusterusername
    Password: yourvoipbusterpassword
    Stun Server: stun.voipbuster.com
    Domain/Realm: voipbuster.com

    Joe
    http://www.hyper-typer.com

    molloyjoe, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh :
    I used to have voipbuster working on 3rd party software, and at one time
    (before they started charging for UK calls) on my ATA, but recently doesn't
    seem to work (for me) with 3rd party software.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    Thanks for that. xTen Lite looks very powerful but I don't see a
    direct correlation between its settings and the following ones, eg
    "registrar proxy".
    While I'm waiting for a friend to sign me up with the various
    providers, I've been trying to ping certain addresses. Am I correct in
    assuming that VoIPCheap is the only service that will work for me?

    ping sip.voipcheap.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

    ping stun.voipcheap.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

    ping voipcheap.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.183.72:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

    ping sip.voipbuster.com

    Ping statistics for 213.61.187.157:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    ping stun.voipbuster.com

    Ping statistics for 213.61.187.150:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    ping voipbuster.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.175.214:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

    ping sip.voipstunt.com

    Ping statistics for 194.221.62.211:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    ping stun.voipstunt.com
    Unknown host stun.voipstunt.com.

    ping voipstunt.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.185.216:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

    ping sip1.sipdiscount.com

    Ping statistics for 194.221.62.201:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    ping stun.sipdiscount.com

    Ping statistics for 213.61.187.150:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    ping sipdiscount.com

    Ping statistics for 83.138.185.232:

    Franc Zabkar, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Franc Zabkar

    molloyjoe Guest

    I wouldn't conclude much from the ping results - it's common practice
    for system administrators to disable a server's ability to reply to
    ping requests as a security and resources conservation measure.. Have
    posted a screenshot of a working VOIPSTUNT configuration on my site at
    http://www.hyper-typer.com/voipstunt.htm for you and others.

    Joe
    www.hyper-typer.com

    molloyjoe, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    I'm having the same problem with VoIPBuster and VoIPCheap. SipDiscount
    and VoIPStunt are both OK, though. FWIW, I'm currently using xTen
    Lite.

    - Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar, Jan 7, 2006
  8. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    The reason I tried pinging the various providers was that their
    websites were extremely unresponsive during the previous day.
    Thanks, but that's a voipbuster screenshot, not voipstunt. Anyway, I
    managed to get voipstunt working without settings for "authorization
    user" or "out bound proxy".

    As for voipbuster, xTen Lite was unable to register using the settings
    you provided. :-(

    This is what I found in the diagnostic log:

    PROXY#3: 213.61.187.146:5060

    PROXY#3: 213.61.187.147:5060

    PROXY#3: 213.61.187.156:5060

    PROXY#3: 213.61.187.157:5060

    OUTBOUND-PROXY#3: 213.61.187.150:5060

    SEND TIME: 3637914
    SEND >> 213.61.187.150:5060
    REGISTER sip:voipbuster.com SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.1.3:5060;rport;branch=some_string
    From: Franc <sip:>;tag=some_num_string
    To: Franc <sip:>
    Contact: "Franc" <sip:[email protected]:5060>
    Call-ID:
    CSeq: 6629 REGISTER
    Expires: 1800
    Max-Forwards: 70

    RECEIVE TIME: 3638363
    RECEIVE << 213.61.187.150:5060
    SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
    10.1.1.3:5060;branch=some_string;received=59.167.9.67;rport=50116
    From: Franc <sip:>;tag=some_num_string
    To: Franc <sip:>;tag=some_num_string
    Call-ID: some_string
    CSeq: 6629 REGISTER

    I notice that XTen Lite is reporting my LAN IP address (10.1.1.3)
    rather than my WAN IP (59.167.9.67):

    Contact: "Franc" <sip:[email protected]:5060>

    The corresponding entry for voipstunt is:

    Franc Zabkar, Jan 7, 2006