Voipbuster: my credits are being used for calls made to local numbers!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OM, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. OM

    OM Guest

    I topped up my Voipbuster account to 5 Euros to get the free local and
    national calls.

    I seem to have been charged 0.04 Euros for calls made to local or
    national calls.
    OK... not a kings ransom... but why am I being charged at all??
    I thought the dealw as free calls to local and national??

    Anyone had something similar?

    The numbers called aren't special or anything!

    And... I might have been charged 0.04 Euros this time... who knows how
    much I will be charged next time??

    Any replies would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    OM

    OM, Oct 30, 2005

  2. OM

    Brian Guest

    That was the deal until about a week ago. Calls to UK geographic numbers are
    now 1 cent per minute, before VAT, and announced as such when the connection is
    being set up.
    Is the 4 cents a total or a per minute charge? 0845 numbers are 4 cents per
    minute. Was it one of these you called? www.voipbuster.com has the tariffs
    listed.

    Brian.

    Brian, Oct 30, 2005

  3. OM

    wooosh Guest

    Free calls to any regular landline in:
    Austria
    Denmark
    Finland
    Germany
    Greece
    Ireland
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United States
    I see the UK has gone !!

    wooosh, Oct 30, 2005
  4. OM

    Nick Guest

    Where has the UK gone?

    Nick, Oct 30, 2005
  5. OM

    Sean Guest

    To the chargeable sections on voipbuster. In a geographical sence, don't
    think it's gone anywhere

    Sean, Oct 30, 2005
  6. OM

    Brian A Guest

    Just off the eastern Australian coast would be nice though :)

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Oct 30, 2005
  7. OM

    Martin² Guest

    Nick:
    Well, we, the cheapskate 'customers', have gone to sipdiscount.
    But what on earth is Finarea playing at ? Can't even begin to guess.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Oct 31, 2005