    They've done it again, now the limit is 120 days! I see the limit has
    also been reduced to 120 days in voipcheap, sipdiscount etc.

    They really know how to treat their customers eh?

    paul123, Jan 26, 2006

  2. paul123

    Dexter Guest

    Well they won't get the chance to rob me again I have never trusted
    any of the companies this outfit operates or any company that is
    supposedly giving something for nothing most will make you pay in the
    end .

    Dexter, Jan 26, 2006

  3. paul123

    John DH Guest

    Trouble is, even 5 quid every 4 months is still a good deal for most.
    However, I was going to set up a second account with sipdiscount as a fax
    line. At my current usage level I might break even against bt. Considering
    that fax over voip is probably not that reliable, any price advantage is
    lost. So bt it is for outgoing fax with voipdiscount loosing a few quid. I'm
    happy with the voice service so far, cheap as chips.

    I reckon they will keep doing this until their customer base starts to
    reduce.

    I also wonder how may customers keep a check on the moving goal posts,
    probably not that many until it's too late. You and I have spotted it and no
    doubt a few others here have as well, but I'll bet the majority have not.

    John DH

    John DH

    John DH, Jan 26, 2006
  4. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Yes - agreed (I've certainly had my money's worth at 15 - 20 minutes
    international every day), BUT - 1) that's not what I signed up for and
    2) the chopping and changing isn't very good PR...

    paul123, Jan 26, 2006
  5. paul123

    Mark Guest

    But a necessary part of the Finarea (or whatever they now are)
    business model(s), it would seem.

    Mark, Jan 26, 2006
  6. paul123

    alexd Guest

    To be honest, PR is irrelevant if you don't exist in two months time ;-)

    alexd, Jan 26, 2006
  7. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Too true - that made me laff!

    However, I suspect they'll still be around for a while yet, covering
    running costs with all the €10 credits (or will it be €15?) they
    get off their next voipstunt, sipaddicts.com, voiplunatics.com or
    whatever they have in the pipeline....

    paul123, Jan 26, 2006
  8. I believe relaistic customers should realise that nothing is "for free" in
    this world, and this free service forever is unsustainable

    My pragmatic approach is: just use them as much as possible while cheap, and
    bank the savings as long you can...
    Who knows what comes next ?

    The real good thing of those companies (Voip, carrier select .. ) is at
    least that they broke the monopoly of the high-cost national phone
    companies. They had to follow, and their tariifs have never been so low as
    today !

    Ph

    Philippe Deleye, Jan 27, 2006
  9. paul123

    alexd Guest

    sipsluts.com is available, as are hypersip.com, VoIPMyRide.com,
    siponastick.net and sipmebabyonemoretime.com, so I'm sure there's plenty
    more mileage left in Finarea yet.

    alexd, Jan 27, 2006