Voipbuster and VoipCheap don't work. : (

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OM, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. OM

    OM Guest

    Voipbuster and VoipCheap don't work. : (

    I can't get both of them to work. : (
    Do these work for everyone else?
    I've emailed Voipbuster but have had no reply.

    I have a router and firewall (Kerio).
    Do I need to make settings there or something?

    I can dial a number: my home number, but nothing else.

    What am I doing wrong!?

    Thanks.

    OM

    OM, Sep 23, 2005

  2. OM

    peter Guest

    peter, Sep 23, 2005

  3. OM

    OM Guest

    Check eg http://www.voipbuster.com/en/faq.html#24 where they tell you
    done that. still no luck.

    funny thing... i tried from elsewhere... different internet connection.
    but similar software installed (Kerio and Windows firewall).
    it worked fine there. : (

    thanks for the reply.

    OM

    OM, Sep 23, 2005
  4. OM

    OM Guest

    i've got bulldog.
    thats the only thing i can see that could cause a problem??
    anyone had any similar probs?

    OM, Sep 23, 2005
  5. I've got a dachshund and it causes no problems at all.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=80?=, Sep 23, 2005
  6. OM

    Mark Adamson Guest

    i've got bulldog.
    It works here on bulldog. I had to forward ports to my sipura 3000 through
    my draytek

    Mark Adamson, Sep 23, 2005
  7. OM

    OM Guest

    I've got a dachshund and it causes no problems at all.
    maybe it's the cat that's causing the problems? or is it the mouse or
    hamster? hmmm...

    OM, Sep 24, 2005
  8. OM

    OM Guest

    It works here on bulldog. I had to forward ports to my sipura 3000 through
    i've got a belkin router.
    how do i 'forward ports'??

    OM, Sep 24, 2005
  9. OM

    Brian A Guest

    I don't know specifically about the Belkin but the principle has to be
    the same for all routers.
    Firstly you identify the ports you need to forward.
    Then you look for the port forwarding section on your Belkin router
    and forward all the ports in your list to the IP of your ATA. If you
    have DHCPed your ATA then you'll have to change it to a fixed IP
    within the allowed range of IPs set in your router. If you don't know
    where to find the 'allowed range' of IPs then, another way, if it is
    a Sipura, is to call up the ATA up on your phone handset (**** then,
    after the prompt, 110#) and find out what the current IP is - then use
    that IP as a fixed IP and switch DHCP off (i.e. select 'no' if it is a
    Sipura).
    Further, you can also set your gateway in the ATA settings to the IP
    of the router. This IP then acts as a proxy.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 24, 2005
  10. OM

    peter Guest

    peter, Sep 24, 2005
  11. OM

    OM Guest

    I don't know specifically about the Belkin but the principle has to be
    thanks for the reply.

    what is ata?

    it says i need to forward ports 5004 - 5060.
    i have a belkin router and can't see how i can give a range of ports.
    it allows me to specify one at a time.

    can u suggest anything else?

    thanks.

    OM, Sep 24, 2005
  12. OM

    OM Guest

    You can presumably find a guide fitting your router here : that was usefule. at least i think i know where to setup port
    forwarding now.
    unfortunaltely, they don't seem to have port forwarding for x-lite.
    :(
    any more suggestions?
    thanks.

    OM, Sep 24, 2005
  13. Phil Thompson, Sep 24, 2005
  14. OM

    turtill Guest

    That is very interesting but fortunately for me I do not make many
    phone calls and in the short time I have been posting here and reading
    fascinating posts from other subscribers I have come to the conclusion
    that I will stay with voipbuster and head set for now. It seems to me
    the voip companies are using their customers and the expertise of
    folks here to develop voip and as yet they haven't come up with
    anything other than what I use to warrant any expenditure. I can see
    others with greater needs than mine will have different ideas and they
    will in actuality be the research and development folks for the
    companies who will make loads of money from this exciting new
    application for the internet.
    pete

    turtill, Sep 24, 2005
  15. I tried both of them a couple of weeks ago. Didn't work for me either; not
    even my own number. Just said remote line disconnected or something like
    that. I have no idea if I wasn't doing something extremely obvious though
    since I am completely and totally new to all this. Maybe not depositing any
    money? Can't anyway cos only have debit card.

    Interesting Ian, Sep 25, 2005
  16. OM

    turtill Guest

    I paid 1 euro using my debit card.
    pete

    turtill, Sep 25, 2005
  17. Did it not work for you before paying, but does after?

    Interesting Ian, Sep 25, 2005
  18. OM

    turtill Guest

    I never tried it before paying. However when I did pay it was a couple
    of days before I received the email from them with my account details,
    probably because it was a weekend.
    pete

    turtill, Sep 25, 2005