    DOes anyone know of any problems associated with this??

    Regards

    Paul

    paul tomlinson, Jan 21, 2004

  2. :We have a customer running a lucent telephone system, after speaking
    :to the comms provider they have confirmed the phone system works with
    :Voice Over IP technology (DSCP 46)

    :I am proposing the installation of an ADSL based VPN solution and we
    :intend to run the phone system over the VPN tunnels that are created.

    :DOes anyone know of any problems associated with this??

    The PIX doesn't do QoS (at least not in 6.x, maybe soon in 7.0).

    What's the uplink speed on the ADSL? It isn't uncommon for ADSL
    uplink speeds to be only 128 Kbit/s or 256 Kbit/s unless you specifically
    buy a higher-speed commercial service [beyond the base business ADSL price.]
    That might not be enough bandwidth for your purposes.

    I can't answer for the latency on the PIX... it would probably
    depend on exactly how you configured the VPN.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 21, 2004