    place a call to someone using a ATA (sipura) connected to a router?

    Is the reverse possible (ATA call to USB voip phone)?

    Thanks!

    ChrisR, Dec 14, 2005

  2. ChrisR

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Why wouldn't it be..?
    Yes.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 14, 2005

  3. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    I don't know enough about the basic architecture to make an informed
    decision. Is it just a matter of dialing the ip of one phone from the
    other? Thanks.

    ChrisR, Dec 14, 2005
  4. ChrisR

    Ivor Jones Guest

    It *can* be that simple, but it rarely is..! Usually, you register with
    one of the many VoIP providers, who allocate you a phone number that can
    be dialled from anywhere, including the PSTN. Depending on the provider,
    it can be free or more usually a small monthly charge. Calls to other
    users on the same system and others that have a peering agreement are
    free, calls to the PSTN are charged, but are almost always cheaper than
    using a POTS phone.

    www.voxilla.com is a good starting place for info and discussions.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 14, 2005