VoIP through Netgear Router?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by John Geddes, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. John Geddes

    John Geddes Guest

    I have set up Sipgate using xLite and it works OK - without a router.

    Add in my Netgear RP614v2 router and the logon times out. I've set
    Port Forwarding on all the recommended ports
    (1000,3478,5004,5060,8000-8012) but it still fails. The RP614 does not
    allow you to choose which sort of traffic it forwards - Netgear Tech
    Support claimed that it sends both TCP and UDP for each port.
    Additionally, Netgear say there is no way to switch off the firewall
    function. Is that right?

    Netgear old me this morning "Netgear do not officially support VoIP on
    the RP614v2." The agent could not tell me of any other Netgear routers
    that do support VoIP. Does that make Netgear a No-Go for anyone
    wanting to run VoIP?

    Has anyone managed to get an RP614 working for VoIP? Has anyone
    managed it with other Netgear models - if so, any suggestions for what
    else I can try?

    The RP614v2 has Firmware version 5.20 _RC3NA.

    John Geddes
    England

    John Geddes, Jan 10, 2005

  2. John Geddes

    paul Guest

    I have just setup the same sipgate and xlite throught my
    netgear rp614v2 router, when i forward the ports it wouldn't
    let me login but when i removed all port forwardings it
    works, dont ask why cos i have no idea. i do have upnp
    turned on.
    hope that helps

    paul, Jan 10, 2005

  3. John Geddes

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I have no problems with a Netgear DM602 modem/router and a Grandstream
    ATA-486 on Sipgate. Never could get X-Lite working but I think it's a
    soundcard problem.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 10, 2005